Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at this kit for when I get the SecApocalypse to the put-together stages. Looks like everything I need for HID, minus the mountings, yes? I can fab a case with aiming screws / springs, etc. I like the price and that its only 35w, easy on the old electrical system, plus the smaller size makes it easy to fit where I want it, but is it enough light?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181344042858

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
I guess we're enlisting you as the guinea pig, if you go for it please report.
I've always preferred shallow lights so I shy away from projectors myself, but I envy the output.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For my purpose, deep, narrow lamps might work really well.

One concern I have is the title says Bi-Xenon (dual filiment), but the description specifies H1 (single filiment) bulbs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The bulbs are H1 (single filiment) but the projectors have a cut off shield and motor inside. When you flip the high beam switch it moves, and there is your highbeam.

With those kits you really do get what you pay for, so it is up to you in terms of how good you want light output to be in the end.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"The bulbs are H1 (single filiment) but the projectors have a cut off shield and motor inside. When you flip the high beam switch it moves, and there is your highbeam."

Pull the other one - really? Well, that's pretty cool, though it might prevent the old 'blink the high beams' move. Guess that's what the wires leading to the empty housings are for?

$100 does seem cheap, but I'm not looking for crap tons of light output, just enough for safe urban night riding.

·
Registered
71 Posts
"The bulbs are H1 (single filiment) but the projectors have a cut off shield and motor inside. When you flip the high beam switch it moves, and there is your highbeam."

Pull the other one - really? Well, that's pretty cool, though it might prevent the old 'blink the high beams' move. Guess that's what the wires leading to the empty housings are for?

$100 does seem cheap, but I'm not looking for crap tons of light output, just enough for safe urban night riding.
You can still blink them but flicking too many times in a row might put too much wear on the motors.

You could also try to adapt these, would be really cool. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/closeouts/bmw-x5-led-fog-lights.html#.U7uX1_ldV8E

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not motors just solenoids, never going to wear them out. They look like China copies of a projector made by morimoto called the mini h1. Those are great projectors and if these are close to the originals light output, you should be happy. Keep in mind the originals cost 150 just for the housings not bulbs, ballasts, ect...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts