Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is just nuts....the track only H2R claims to have "nearly" 300hp from a supercharged 1000cc four, and estimated with a top speed around 260mph.

There is a street oriented H2 set to be released later on, no word if it will be a DOT supersport, or a more standard/naked style since there's already a hardcore track version. I suspect the power will be somewhat turned down and weight a bit higher from adding all the lights and DOT equipment, but still a long shot beyond anything else that's out there.

If the street version turns out to be a "standard" style, this is my next bike, hands down.

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
From what I've found the dealer price is $60,122 to have an h2r on the floor

I'm waiting to see what the street version looks like with its ~222hp and what the sticker shock on its going to look like

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have to get the street version down to about 20k if they hope to sell more than about 10 of them.

Everyone had sticker shock when the new Vmax came out at 18k back in 2009, though they have been selling- not a ton, but steady.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
They gotta get it down to $15,000 to compete with the BMW s1000rr and Hyabussa. Super duke (and Vmax??) is a bit more, so I guess there's people spending the money on fast bikes, but really, this seems squarely aimed at the s1000rr and others in class.

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
Switch the pulley on the charger, add a power commander, dyno tune it

And you'd have the 300hp of the track one for under $700 (including the dyno-session).

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
My money is on supersport. Its going to be a Ninja, we already know that... is there such a thing as a naked ninja?
Nah! It'll just be a less nuts version. Think Panigale vs Superleggera

They have to get the street version down to about 20k if they hope to sell more than about 10 of them.
They gotta get it down to $15,000 to compete with the BMW s1000rr and Hyabussa. Super duke (and Vmax??) is a bit more, so I guess there's people spending the money on fast bikes, but really, this seems squarely aimed at the s1000rr and others in class.
From what I read they don't plan on replacing the Superbike, the H2R is super limited, around 10 to the UK, the H2 less than 50. Around £20,000. Not aimed at the RR, more the Panigale Tricolor. It's a limited edition, but the tech will filter down into the next gen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts