Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
old fart
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing someone else's GS project on another forum, and having wanted to do a "Retro" build myself, i just couldn't help myself could I!!
I have made an offer on a GS 750 frame and a GSX14 swing arm
so if i get accepted it will be on with the copying and lots of questions to the guy that is doing it, who up till now has been a great help with all the questions that i have fired his way! (cheers mate very much appreciated)
Dont expect miracles from this build, it is being done on a very tight budget and is going to be a longish time in the building,
Watch this space..................

other bits needed =
bandit 12 engine and carbs
USD forks/front end
wheels
4 into 1 exhaust

all other bits i will try to keep standard GS 750 to give it the "LOOK"

·
old fart
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
today i brought the swing arm, rear spindle with brake caliper bracket and a rear mud guard, the engine i was watching has gone, but
another one has been listed for a lot less £££££ so i have asked for pics.
got my eye on a rear wheel with sprocket carrier and disc, but its from a GSX1300 Busa, seller says it will fit but am awaiting confirmation!! Any one on here know if it will be a straight swap into the GSX1400 swing arm??

·
old fart
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, hayabusa/gsxr/TL/gsx wheels are all the same....itll fit no problem.
cheers mate, made him an offer, got the wheel :party-smiley:

so now have the rear suzuki GSX1300 wheel, and a honda CBR1000RR front wheel :D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Cool, how much you get it for? I got mine separate, but for £40 each....really good value wheels for how light they are.

Have you got the correct spindle, and caliper hanger for the swingarm? Like, gsx1400 bits for the 1400 arm I mean.

·
old fart
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, how much you get it for? I got mine separate, but for £40 each....really good value wheels for how light they are.

Have you got the correct spindle, and caliper hanger for the swingarm? Like, gsx1400 bits for the 1400 arm I mean.
got wheel sprocket carrier and disc for £65 :) yep got the spindle for the GSX1400 with spacers and caliper hanger already from e-bay:party-smiley:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Damn, that's a great deal.

You're good to go then with everything you've got.

Hope it all goes together as smooth as getting the new parts went.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah, probably not lol.

The fun is in the modifying anyway.....my slingshot took all modern suspension front and back too easily, there was no fun to it at all that way though.

·
old fart
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're good to go then with everything you've got.
wanting to get the engine before i start trying to put things together, just waiting for someone to give me some pics and then i might have one :party-smiley:

·
10,849 Posts
not telling you how to suck eggs or owt, but mind put a chain on before stripping down the dry build , fitting the drive chain on a fully painted bike and finding it fouls the arm is a fucker

·
old fart
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yan, cheers for the advice mate, but thats one reason i want the engine before going any further, so i can get the rear end on with the engine "in" to check the chain run and alignment of sprockets.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts