Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 193 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have been to visit Mick Gardner Racing, I have GOLD :thumbsup:​​​​​​​
great to meet everyone there, nice bunch of folk.

Called into see Mick at Red6, had coffee, talked shit, made plans :rock:

Attachments

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
managed to do some work on the frame bracing/shock mount today, about time i did something.

will make the shock mounting plate anchor points once i have the bracing welded and swing arm checked for correct alignment.

well happy with the fitment of the shock, like it was made for it :)

will crack on with the rest of the frame bracing later.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
not sorted the tap placement yet, waiting for tap, once i have it and the engine in with carbs fitted i will work out where the tap will go,

then Racefit are going to sort the fitting

Talking of tank, i just picked it up

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
have had to order a new CBR1000RR lower yoke, as we had a bit of a nightmare down at Micks when we tried to press the stem out of the one fitted

to my Red6 billot ones!!! probably never have shown up in normal passage of time, coz its not like you press stems out every day now, is it?

first attempt it wouldnt budge, second attempt with a bit of heat still nothing, third attempt with more heat and pressure it moved about 2-3mm and stopped.

on final attempt in the press the stem collapsed
Mick got the remains of the stem out and i have a new one on its way to fit, just hope i wont have to remove the new one in a hurry for any reason!

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dropped of my frame and bracing bits and bobs with Mick at Red6 this morning

after cleaning off all the paint and crap from the weld sites and removing some of the now unnessasary frame mounts/hardware.

after a good chat, sausage and egg butty and help with tacking bits in place, I left everything in the hands of Mick to finish off.*

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
new CBR1000RR lower yoke and stem turned up this morning, will take it down to Mick when i go for the frame, get the stem removed and transfered to the billet yoke.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
stripped the engine down to empty crank cases and head, will look into getting the APE valve guides and oversize valves fitted

before i send them all off to get paint strip, vapor blasted and paint baked.

ordered all the new "O" rings, oil seals and bearings that i will need for the re build. I will get the sump, cam cover and other bits powder coated

when i send the frame in to get done.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Quick phonecall this morning to Amac Engineering in Northallerton and head is booked in for

exchange valve guides, cut in new oversized valves and shape ports to suit new valves.

Waiting for answer from Centurion Motorcycle Projects about when to send bits.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i love the interweb, cant get top tank grip rubbers from Suzuki anymore, but do a quick web search and you come up with a NOS item, little bit costly, but NEW, so result :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
as i am still waiting on some of the bigger bits to come back from all around the world, i thought that i would test my treory/measurements out by

actually seeing if the bits i had made would now go together as planned!! there is only one way to find out so i bolted the front end together.

might just need to get the ohlins caliper mounting faces machined down by 2-3mm as the pads are sat a tad high for my liking, ones in the caliper in pic is

the Brembo z04 pads, the SBS and EBC pads fit slightly worse!!!

but altogether it looks well :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
just dropped the B12 head off at Amac Engineering to get new APE valve guides fitted with cutting in and fitting of new s/steel APE oversize valves, going to re shape/mearge seats to ports and do some mild porting clean up of the webs and casting. They had a GSXR600 sidecar outfit head on the bench whilst i was there, Their work looks sweet. he appologised that i might have to wait up to four weeks for work to get done!! I thought that was a bloody quick turnround time, so no complaints from me ifthey take that long.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
packed up and sent my crank cases allong with the sump off to Centurion Motorcycle Projects this morning,

ordered some hard welded rocker arms to go with the rest of the top end build, got message from SPS that my Cams are

on their way from Japan.

Message from Mick says frame is almost done, i will pick it up some time next week. I will get the new stem fitted to the lower

yoke whilst i am there.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I need to pull my finger out and get on with doing some work, was a bit bad with flu over most of my Christmas break, so didnt feel like

doing anything at all, least of all going down my nice cold shed to work on the bike!!

6mm Alloy plate has arrived for the making of engine/shock mounts, swing arm is needing bits cutting off/welding up

engine crank cases/sump have been sent for Brian to do his magic on.

message from SPS says my Yoshi Cam goodness is in transit from Japan,

Should be picking frame up from Mick on Wed, after all the welding is finished. will be getting steering stem pressed into lower yoke whist at Red6.

so i will have things to do as and when i can be bothered to shift my arse into forward gear, and press the "GO" button.

Onwards

21 - 40 of 193 Posts