Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 193 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
grab handle i ordered from the US just turned up, looks to be spot on and has very little in the way of damage to the rubber.

looks to be straight, will do a test fit to double check, must have come from a hot part of the US though, as the bolts are still clean nickle plate, and all the black paint is intact with no rust showing anywhere

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Well when i checked out the full description in the little print the TITANIUM EVO SYSTEM was in fact a S/steel RACE line system with Ti can!!! not even like the the pic above FFS, so i have cancelled the order and found a RACE line full system (no fuckin chance of a Ti system) with carbon hex can to fit the GSF1200 new for a lot less than i had payed for the GSXR1000 K4 system, so i have a 4-2-1 full system on its way that should be a good fit and be good for power, cant have everything

http://www.bikenation.co.uk/akrapovic-racing-line-system-suzuki-gsf-1200-96-road-silencer-carbon

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
cleaned up the new grab handle after doing a test fit to check it was straight,

all looks good, cleaned up well, just a few small marks.

thing i did find strange is whoever had it last has removed the front spacers? only thing i can think of is that they removed them so they could fit rack/panniers?

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Well when i checked out the full description in the little print the TITANIUM EVO SYSTEM was in fact a S/steel RACE line system with Ti can!!! not even like the the pic above FFS, so i have cancelled the order and found a RACE line full system (no fuckin chance of a Ti system) with carbon hex can to fit the GSF1200 new for a lot less than i had payed for the GSXR1000 K4 system, so i have a 4-2-1 full system on its way that should be a good fit and be good for power, cant have everything

http://www.bikenation.co.uk/akrapovic-racing-line-system-suzuki-gsf-1200-96-road-silencer-carbon

Well scratch that option then!! they just got back to me and said their supplier hasn't any in stock! what do they expect FFS? twats are just second selling, wankers.

BUT in other news, I have found a set of GSXR 1000 K4 Akrapovic Evolution line Ti taper 4-2-1 headers, at a very very reasonable price, made an offer just waiting reply.

they do have a couple of marks, but beggers cant be choosers**

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Akra is good stuff so should be good either way, right?
that was my thinking, S/steel full system only weighs 2lb more than the same Ti system, otherwise they are identical and are supposed to make 12bhp more than the stock GSXR system!!

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Brian has contacted me and said crank cases will be on their way very soon :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
went down to Mick Gardner Racing in Barnsly on Saturday, had the spring removed from the shock so i can do a full sweep test on the rear end, also had the fork extenders removed as i dont now think they will be needed.

Had a good chat with Russ walton (workshop manager, great guy) whils i was waiting for the work to be done, showed me the shock Dyno at work, interesting bit of kit. going to try a slightly softer spring when i go back down to get the rear shock put back together, see how it feels.

when i got my crank cases back i noticed that one of the cylinder head studs was slightly out of true! must have been badly treated in transit, so i am taking no chances and have ordered a new stud to replace it.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Acrapovic headers turned up, looks to be in good condition, few small knocks but nothing you wouldnt expect from

a second hand system.

feels far to heavy for Ti, but not dissapointed with a s/steel system for the price. has definitly been shot blasted clean and looks

like it will clean up well.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Meanwhile down in deepest darkest yorkestershire, work on my bike continues at suppliers of all things shiny and bling, Red6, more billet goodness about to see the light

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Because the yokes will be going back in for re anodize, i will be stripping some bits off the GS's to go in too (fuel filler, rear caliper hanger, engine mounts etc), might as well get my moneys worth out of it

as the unit minimum cost is £45

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
got fed up with waiting for the bloody Italians to pull their fingers out and make my Pistabassa disks, so have asked for my order to be cancelled!

now looking at some Braketech AXIS super bike discs to replace them with all the way from the US

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Have just been informed by WRS that i have been issued a full refund for the Brembo T drives, with an apology for the delay time*

from Brembo, but they are working overtime to supply all the race teams for the new season.

Just waiting to find out availability of the AXIS Superbike discs from Braketech from Bike HPS

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Sat at work, Fri so not starting any new work thinking about all things bike/build

mind drifted around to Brembo race caliper fitment with the Ohlins forks. I have a set of CBR1000RR 08+ which

according to Brembo Ohlins have added the 5mm spacer onto the caliper seat on the forks from Factory for some reason? (might have something to do with the SP version being fitted with Brembo M4 calipers as OEM )

this means that to fit the caliper in correct alignment with the disc, 5mm needs to be removed from the caliper or from the caliper seat on the forks!

Well then i had one of them "lightbulb" moments, the Ohlins forks on my GS are CBR1000RR 05-07, so should have different caliper seat dimensions? i will now

have something to measure this afternoon, which if works out, will mean i will just swap the forks from my GS onto the EFE build, Onwards :thumbsup:

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
got swing arm modified top hats back, much better fit with 2mm added to rim, with them in place and the shock now with no spring on, i was able

to do a sweep test of the swing arm/wheel for clearance, all great, with shock at full compression inc bump stop i have 5.5in of wheel travel and no

interface between wheel or swing arm on frame rails, very close at one point, but wont take much with the grinder to sort.

spacers for grab rail have sorted fitment of that, now nice and tidy at the rear end.
went on a road trip to collect the Yoshi system

got home this afternoon and gave them some loving, bit of a rub down and polish, just got to see if they will fit!

they do look a lot darker in real light, Hope @Smoker approves :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Still waiting to hear from Braketech, got bits to take down to Red6, happy with shock but message back about adjuster bracket not so good, dont make it any more, so i have ordered a fork clamp that i will have machined to work.

fingers crossed that the Yoshi system will fit, but not certain about what to do with silencer can! defo not going to be using the genuine Yoshi one as it is fcukin huge, and will find it easier to move on if i haven't cut and chopped it.

choices so far are find Akra/Yoshi modern can to fit the 55mm outlet link pipe, or go down the Racefit custom link pipe and end can route.

81 - 100 of 193 Posts