Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
latest bit or build turned up today, 3 way brake splitter block from Torques UK, will mean that i can keep the front end/bar area nice and clean

by running the brake line through the steering stem, got some 90deg adapters coming to fit this block, so the lines will exit rearwards to the calipers.

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
today was upper front end test fit, fitted all the controls/switches/levers and hoses to make sure it would work like it had in my mind.

very happy with how it has gone together, looks very clean and un cluttered, only thing that might be a small niggle is the bar end indies!

due to the slope of the bars with the placement of the mirrors they might not be as open to the front as needed, might end up fitting some M-blaze buttons

somewhere on the front too. but until they are wired in it is all guess work on that score.

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
after receiving my Motogadget M-blaze Pins I had a play around with some mounting ideas in my head, as i have a spare bottom yoke

it helps with picturing what i can get away with on the best yoke.

mounted down a bit and in line with the center bar would be nice and tidy i am thinking.

will need yoke drilling and a channel for the wire cutting, also need to cut the threads down on the M-blaze, but doable

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
after receiving my Motogadget M-blaze Pins I had a play around with some mounting ideas in my head, as i have a spare bottom yoke

it helps with picturing what i can get away with on the best yoke.

mounted down a bit and in line with the center bar would be nice and tidy i am thinking.

will need yoke drilling and a channel for the wire cutting, also need to cut the threads down on the M-blaze, but doable

whilst down at Redsix yesterday I had a chat with **** about fitment of the M-blaze to the yokes, after looking over the yokes and then looking at a headlamp he had

disassembled on the bench, i have changed plans, indicators will now be getting mounted directly into the sides of the lamp housing, loads of metal to drill and tap for fitment. still nice clean un cluttered finish.

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Pic of cam cover through from Brian at Centurion, looks the dogs *on with head tomorrow.

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
More Ti goodness arrived in the post this morning :) where i dont have facilities,machines or ability to make bits myself, i will make all efforts to gather the best bits i can afford from wherever i can, might as well whilst i have the chance, this one is a keeper.

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
work so far today has all been about test fitting the oil cooler and head cooler to gauge lock stop/cooler/wheel/exhaust clearances, Head cooler has been mounted directly to the main cooler mounting bracket (going to have Ducati rubber mounts)

cooler has lots of clearance from exhaust headers (using Yoshi Bandit headers) but dont see any problems as i am going to get Racefit to make me a system.

I like the idea of the two center header pipes staying inside the down tubes and then the outside two passing behind the frame down tubes and into the collector. will have to talk to Jon on the idea.

clearance of head cooler and yokes at full lock, (lock determined by fork to tank clearance)

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
plus i am in the process of measuring up for a fan on the rear of the main cooler

for use in slow traffic in hot weather, there seems to be loads of room, watch this space

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
found an as new radiator fan from a CBR/CB, fan fits in the space between the down tubes very nicely, blades are a little deep, but i am sure that

i will be able to cut them down without too much effort, but looks to be a working answer to the problem.

got oil cooler mounts to be modified to take some Ducati radiator rubber mounts this afternoon.

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Thanks to the feed back (good, bad or other wise) i have gleaned the information that i needed for fitment of the oil cooler fan, it would appear that every day is indeed a "Skool Day"

I have ordered a Spal Axial Fan, VA39-A101-45A, 12v (Pull) 5.5" (140mm) with the bigger of the two Ampage motors,

will be fitting it with a remote switch, unless i can find a temp switch to work at a high temp of the oil cooled motor (110-120deg +)

I will need to remove a bracket from under the steering head bracing to give me the required clearance for the fan, and then get some mounting tabs welded on for it to fit to.

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
had a play around with the oil cooler fixtures and fittings, happy now with how i will sort the pipework for both coolers

test fit of fender and brake lines.

ordered some more Ti bits and bobs whilst i was at it :)

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
As i am happy with the motor fitment and alloy mounting plates i had made, i have ordered some 8mm Ti GR5 plate to make some

finished items, need to find someone with a plasma cutter so they will have a "proper" finish/look once cut.

·
old fart
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
As i am happy with the motor fitment and alloy mounting plates i had made, i have ordered some 8mm Ti GR5 plate to make some

finished items, need to find someone with a plasma cutter so they will have a "proper" finish/look once cut.
been told water jet cutting will give me the best finish, so off to see if i can find one close.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts