Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Do Work Chumps
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out I am strong enough to lift it into place! I could't get the jack into the right position so I lifted the motor off the jack, which moved, forcing me to mtfu and get it in there by hand, bit of sweating a lot of swearing and the motor is back in :D

·
2 Wheeled Knee Dragger
226 Posts
didnt think to use a prop/wedge? thats how i get my engine in and out of my ninja put a little guitar amp underneath and drop it on and to put it back in loosen the yokes to drop the front of the bike or roll the front wheel down the curb!

·
2 Wheeled Knee Dragger
226 Posts
what you got your engine out for anyways? and where are the pics? :p

·
2 Wheeled Knee Dragger
226 Posts
ahh i see crack in the frame. yeah thats always a bad start to the day when you find one of them. build is looking good tho. did you spray that frame yourself?

and yes hindsight is a right bitch. every time i do a job hindsight kicks me in the teeth and tells me how i did it the hard way, but then again thats how i have learnt almost every thing i know about working on bikes.

·
2 Wheeled Knee Dragger
226 Posts
Oh nice im seeing some really good jobs done with rattle cans. kind of gives me faith at giving it a go.

yeah you could definately weld up a frame of sorts to run a few cargo straps from the lift the engine, or just see if you can find a cheap second hand engine lift on ebay/gumtree and modify it to suit.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
frame came out nice. i like the idea of leaving the weld so you can see it. and that exhaust cleaned up real nice

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
I like the idea of the indicators and guage on the tank but the box is kind of bulky and square in my opinion. Maybe if the sides were angled a bit it would fit better?

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
I dig the bars man. How do they clear your control display setup?

·
Do Work Chumps
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the idea of the indicators and guage on the tank but the box is kind of bulky and square in my opinion. Maybe if the sides were angled a bit it would fit better?
Yep that's what I was thinking as well, I was hoping some one would say "It's fine whatcha worried about?" but alas, so I think I'll fit it for now but keep my eyes open for something better. I did think of tapering the box and making it wedge shape, but the depth of the rev counter means I can only lose a tiny bit of height, making it not worth doing.

I dig the bars man. How do they clear your control display setup?
Like this, this is the steering on full lock ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts