Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That was out of the 250g that came with the machine. I probably got about 5-6 things out of that. A reel of ,1kg is about £10-15 (max $20ish) for small stuff it probably works out at pennies for most nifnaf stuff pig at most £1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Mike the slicer software, when configured correctly, will tell you how much money each print will cost in material.

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just picked up a couple of table legs. Next week I'll be building a bar for the printer and stuff so it have a dedicated work space. This will be invading my daughters arts room but will create a bit more space and a more stable platform.

Oh how this is taking over lol at least it not taking over my garage. Currently 20hrs in on some draws for the printer tools

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
3,979 Posts
So uh... you did calibrate the thing, yes?

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So uh... you did calibrate the thing, yes?
Yep spent a bit of time this weekend playing around think I got it all dialled in. on the list so far is better print bed springs, fit the extruder tube I ordered with it (one you recommend), enclosure for ABS and some stuff to print off but need the bench first as I TS all cramped in its current location

Came out ok I think

·
3,979 Posts
That's a great finish. Good work.

I wouldn't bother with the ABS enclosure, or ABS at all. Other plastics like PETG will give you the strength of ABS without the bullshit like requiring an enclosure.

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That's a great finish. Good work.

I wouldn't bother with the ABS enclosure, or ABS at all. Other plastics like PETG will give you the strength of ABS without the bullshit like requiring an enclosure.
Ok do you recommend a profile for PETG?

·
3,979 Posts
Not off the top of my head, been a while since I've printed it and I'm not near my PC to fire up Cura and check my profiles. And my temps and speeds will be very different than yours... I usually print between 100 and 150mm/s with my setup, travel upwards of 200, etc. If you google "PETG ender 3" you'll surely find lots of info, the reddit discussions are usually the most informative when it comes to this stuff.

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'll look into it cheers again you made this easy

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
May have gone over board..

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
As way of an up date, on my printing adventure.

apart from designing stuff ( lots of fun) I also been modding the printer, some are just for looks and practicality others are just to make it a little better because although it's an amazing budget printer it is just a budget printer.

So I had an extruder issue, I had already replaced the stock plastic one with a metal one (as mcanter has linked ) oh and printed a knob for it too. I also replace the stock filament tube with a tpff one again as advised. So next was a filament feed guide ( loads on thingiverse just pick the one you like), then I printed a spacer for the z axis which sorts out an alignment issue. Although the issue didn't effect any prints I had done I did notice as the printer comes back down there is a pressure point. This all fixed my issue to an extent, by that I think the actual issue was the above but also not high enough temps on the nozzle and the esteps ( the amount of filament the programme thinks it's putting out ref the amount it actually is) I'm not going to explain it but plenty of videos out there and it's easy, so do it first as they come with a default that isn't always correct.

Next up was some storage for all the little tools and bits that come in handy and some clips to hold wires in place. Just waiting on a glass bed to go on and some stiffer springs to help with bed levelling as the stock ones has to much difference depending on temps and how long it's been printing.

Last is a bench in my daughter art room for it. So it now has its own work station.

Fun learning this. Total spend so far is £215 plus £30 on filament. Most of the mods you can print.

I'm now ready to play with some different filament so hopefully some finished bike parts soon.

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
H designs Workshop wall clock, mid print filament change to get the two colours

Well happy with it. That's everyone's Christmas sorted lol

Reactions: shinyribs and rjs

·
Breaking shit...
3,201 Posts
gonna add some hour-digits in on the next print?

·
hooligan quads
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
gonna add some hour-digits in on the next print?
could do not really put much thought into it. would be pretty easy to do i suppose

41 - 60 of 139 Posts