Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
have you considered direct drive feeding? my kit came with it so I haven't used the Bowden cable feed set up at all. the kit on mine is the same as for yours. mounts the extruder directly on top of the hot end. looks like this

only "problem" ive had is that the filament lightly scrapes the side of the extruder and makes some dust. that's because the roll is mounted on the side of my cube frame and the filament comes in at an increasing angle as the carriage moves. with your enclosure (and the one im making for mine), you could place your filament roll on the top and feed straight down to the extruder. that's my plan, to help reduce the amount of width the printer takes up in my room. I have vertical space but not so much the other directions...
Think this will be a mod I do on the future. All extruder produce that dust mine does the same thing. Next mods for me is an all metal hot end, and try and work out why my speedo mount won't print in ASA been at it 2days and binned 6 prints do far. Going to mix some ASA with acetone tomorrow see if I can get better adhesion

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: XxGRYMMxX

·
Breaking shit...
3,203 Posts
I turned my heat up on my PLA settings just to see what it would do and the dif between 205 and 210 was go-no go. 205 prints just fine but at 210 it wouldnt stick for shit. Maybe too much heat is an issue with the enclosure and no cooling?

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I turned my heat up on my PLA settings just to see what it would do and the dif between 205 and 210 was go-no go. 205 prints just fine but at 210 it wouldnt stick for shit. Maybe too much heat is an issue with the enclosure and no cooling?
Could be. ASA like abs is notorious for being difficult. I'm going to make slurry today and see if that helps

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
That's a cool video.
I got given a geeetech A30 to play with in the shop. It's got a massive build plate compared to the 3pro

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
my boy bought a resin printer, makes much smoother solid pieces
Problem with resin is it's alot more expensive than FDM.

I'm saving up for a markforge metal set up... Only 50k to go

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
I might as well chuck mine in the trash - fed up with wasting time on it. Had it going ok then the slicer software updated, threw all settings out, I'll be fucked if I'm doing all that again. Got little time lately and what I do have I feel better off using to learn more important things like getting more out of my cnc mill.

·
Breaking shit...
3,203 Posts
I have to relevel and recalibtate mine too... I had a feeder issue and since then it wont stick anything to the surface plate.

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Here something I been working on for a bloke who had a stroke in January.

He lost his left side so can't carry a brew from the kitchen to the lounge.

So came up with a bracket and cup holder that will take a travel mug. But I'm going to make him an attachment for a beer can too.

You can see all the wasted ASA from failed prints. Final print is running now

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
When you can buy something that's when these really come in handy.

Petg filament.

Knuckle door handles for the workshop and some bolt caps for the door to tidy it up a bit

Reactions: Smoker

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Knucks for a door handle. Why haven't I thought of that before?? Awesome idea, man.
wait till i finish the 35 prints of translucent red parts to build the 3ft version for the shop sign

·
Breaking shit...
3,203 Posts
thats pretty cool man! I'd been meaning to print a bunch of knucks up to give away for Secret Santa but that up in smoke this year...

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I blow one up to 3ft but after splitting it down in to printable sections it's going to take 35 not including the letters

Reactions: XxGRYMMxX

·
hooligan quads
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
thats pretty cool man! I'd been meaning to print a bunch of knucks up to give away for Secret Santa but that up in smoke this year...
How's your direct drive going? I'm thinking about ordering another ender 3 pro V2 and doing a full extension kit and direct drive so I have basically a fighter version of the CR

Also anyone printed velocity stacks yet thinking of having a play wondering what filament you used?

·
Breaking shit...
3,203 Posts
How's your direct drive going? I'm thinking about ordering another ender 3 pro V2 and doing a full extension kit and direct drive so I have basically a fighter version of the CR

I like it but Ive never run any other way, so ... Every once in a while I'll get a harmonic type rumble that will translate into the print (like ripples in water) and I think thats probably from the extruder being mounted on top of the hot end. other than that it seems like a good setup.

last big print I did before the table level got off kilter. forgrip and stock for my airsoft gun.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts