Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
just ordered a E3D V6 clone hotend for the ender, been suffering from heat creep recently but putting it down to it being put through it paces and printing none stop..

·
Breaking shit...
3,354 Posts
my hotend was already upgraded when I got the printer but I'm not sure what kind it is.... it fits inside the original casing/carriage and Ive never disassembled that particular part. might have to anyway though,.. it tends to weep a bit while warming up and when the nozzle is above a part, moving between print areas. I get a tiny bit of stringing and I hate the dribbly tip.

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Went with a E3D V6 clone. Just waiting to fit it once my current print finishes.

I'm also gonna play around with a 0.6mm nozzle as I'm printing some larger bits at the moment and they don't have many details

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: XxGRYMMxX

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 · (Edited)
did you print your own enclosure or did it come with the kit?

does using the larger nozzle require different software or does the slicer take care of it?
Printed my own but wasn't impressed with the hotend got to many stopages so taken it off. Think I'm going to make my own.

So back on the stock hotend, with a 0.6mm nozzle on.

You can use any size nozzle you just adjust it in cura (or slicers ) and it takes care of it, It does cut down on some time. The three Yoda's picture, the two smaller one were printed on a 0.4mm the larger on on a 0.6mm the size is different as I changed it to run the tests. You do loose a bit of detail and layer lines are a bit more visable but for prototypes it's fine.

White print is a 0.6mm helmet I'm printing, knocked about 10hrs off the print time and there isn't much detail so should be fine.

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
nice to know I can change that out the nozzle. Ill have to find a set of them and experiment.
I got a set for about £5 it's got everyone in from 0.2- 1.0 so going to have a play about

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Prime example of when a 3d printer is handy.

Cant get this timing tool anymore. After a quick search, conversion to STL and 2.5hrs printing I have a timing tool.

So many aswell run off another ten for other people

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
This is for a digital gauge for a bender we are building.

Red was the draft
Green finished mount. The tube holders on the bottom are inter changeable depending on tube size and printed as needed. They come with a single marker on, the base of the gauge holder has marking every 45° all the way round and 180° is marked off on 10° increments.

Tbh I just designed and printed it based off my mates instructions

·
Banned
30 Posts
This is for a digital gauge for a bender we are building.

Red was the draft
Green finished mount. The tube holders on the bottom are inter changeable depending on tube size and printed as needed. They come with a single marker on, the base of the gauge holder has marking every 45° all the way round and 180° is marked off on 10° increments.

Tbh I just designed and printed it based off my mates instructions

Looks good. How strong is the seal? I have heard that printing falls apart quickly on some printers.

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Looks good. How strong is the seal? I have heard that printing falls apart quickly on some printers.
Depends on the filament tbh. PLA (polylatic acid) which is the general filament used and we use it for prototypes or stuff with a short shelf life will brake down quickly in the elements as it's mainly made from corn lactic acid. What we do is any products that need a long life then get printed out of a more conventional polymer like ABS,ASA, PETG, or nylon depending on its final use. But in the interest of not creating shit tonnes of plastic that will end up in land fill PLA is great for treating as it's recyclable and biodegradable (still takes a long time though). PLA can be made stronger by coating or painting but not really good for motorcycle products.

If the layers are seperating then that's just shit printer settings.

My printer dosn't stop it's constantly on the go so I have spent alot of time refining my printer settings and do try and be a bit considerate to the environment

141 - 160 of 162 Posts