Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 929 needs something alittle different as far as sprockets go,adn fireblaed.orgare a bunch of cock smokers and i dont trust em
any ways i need something to help me pull up tank/high chair with clutchin
i was wondering what would eb a good setup but still maintain most of my top end,alot of ppl told me to go with the 520 ,btw im still runnin stock gearing

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
-1 in front + 2 in rear,Is what I'm running got a + 16 for the rear, but it's way too much gearing Unless your doin stuff off idle, but I'm just learning tank wheelies soooooooo maybee i don't know best !!!!!

I think my 750 came with 525 ????

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
you'll go through chains and sprockets using a 520...i'd stick with stock

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
my 929 had +7 in the rear (50) and i could do wheelies in 6th. took off a good amount of top end as well. my buddy justin did the same gearing, and he could do tank wheelies all day.

i dont think youd wanna go any more than -1 and +2 or 3.
remember every tooth you go down in the front is equal to + 2 or 3 in the rear.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Id go with a 520 kit.. If you want to do shit real easy but still have it streetable, Id go with a -1/+4 or +5. I had my boy Johnny's '03 gixxer 1K for a while, that was -1/+10 and it was fun as hell. But in all reality it just wasnt streetable. With +4 or +5 in the rear, you'll still keep some of your top speed and have a hell of alot of low end power

His in front with mine behind it for a photo shoot

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmmmm dosnt then 520 usually use a smaller chain,so wouldnt that make it weaker.
adam how much top end did it take off,

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
hmmmmmm dosnt then 520 usually use a smaller chain,so wouldnt that make it weaker.
adam how much top end did it take off,
Yes the 520 is a thinner chain but there are more links. In all reality they are a weaker chain but Ive never seen a 520 break, and ALOT of people use them even on liter bikes. If the kit's werent safe they wouldnt sell them.

520 is the way to go though

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
The ONLY reason I went to a 520 on my ZX6 was because it was the only size available for the sprockets I wanted. I'd prefer a 530 just for the strength, and on the street, the benefits of a 520 will be extremely hard to notice. Is it strong enough, sure, but if 530 was available, I'd probably go with it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
spyder said:
Yes the 520 is a thinner chain but there are more links. In all reality they are a weaker chain but Ive never seen a 520 break, and ALOT of people use them even on liter bikes. If the kit's werent safe they wouldnt sell them.

520 is the way to go though
they dont break, they stretch out and wear out faster...sprockets too... not too mention i can take a dump and drop as much weight you save...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
id go 530 on that bike :twocents:

what they mean when they say a 520 conversion is actually the chain size. they have 520, 525, 530 etc. small dirtbikes and shit run like a 420.

530s are expensive, but just make sure you maintain it. LUBE THAT SHIT, AFTER YOU RIDE, EVERY TIME YOU RIDE!!

being +7 in the rear took off TOO much if you ask me. I like to go fast. . . FAST! esp on a full fairing bike. so if you wanna keep that top end, go -1 up front and MAYBE +2 in the rear. gotta figure out what you wanna do more of, stuntin or speeding. sprockets dont really work for both...esp if your learning to stunt.

Ive seen people rockin slow shit on stock sprockets so if you get your method down... you can have the best of both worlds i guess.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
no trust me im not a rookie stunt by any means
maybe ill just go -1 or +2

haha PROVE IT!

:ttiwwop:

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
Alot of ppl go with the 520 since it's easily accessible, if they need a sprocket or a chain at the track or where ever.

If you go with a chain go with the DID ERV3. All I hear is good quality things from that chain. I got mine from Kneedraggers.com for the Christmas special for under $125 shipped.

The reason I went 520 was because I had to. I have an SV650 which is 525 stock. The rear I'm putting on is from a 95 GSXR 1100 which is a 530. So to make everything work, I'm using the 520(they don't make 525's for that particular rear and they don't make 530 fronts for the SV).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts