Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the last time i rode the bike. everything was fine. bike ran great...aside from the fact that it needs a new thermostat, which i was planning on doing this winter anyway.

so i stripped it down. sold the fairings and assoc. parts. took off the rearsets to send to steve. and left it. so its getting cold out these days and letting your bike sit for the whole winter will kill your battery. so i went to start the bike.... ugh

it tries to start, but just wont go. da da da da daaa. da da da daaa. i dont know wtf deal is. so im gonna take off the tank and check my fuses out...mbe somthing to do with the fuel injectors...somthing. i dont know. any ideas??

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Unless you can ride the bike and get it up to full operating temp., don't bother starting it. It can be harmful than good. But to the issue, the battery seems good? Everything cranks fine? Check out your connections on the fuel pump, fuses, etc. It's most likely something electrical.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the battery seemed good. i even hooked it up to a trickle charger to make sure it was good.

bikes been sitting 1 maybe 2 months.

also whenever i start it like that i let it run until it reaches full operating temp before i shut it off. (180)

so is there a fuse to my fuel pump or injectors?? hopeing its a fuse and not a component.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
just out of curiosity, is the headlight/gauge cluster on the bike? the tip sensor is up there with that stuff, and it has to be plugged in or no start. had a customer of mine play with his 600rr for 2 days trying everything to get it to start, finally i went to his house, when i got there i saw he had it plugged in, but had the headlight hanging upside down. i flipped it over, turned the key, and hit the start button....VROOOM

shoulda seen the look on his face.... priceless

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh.... um. well yes. i did just take my upper, headlight, gauges, and side fairings off and everything included.

so uh. i just got to plug that in or is there a way to bypass??

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
skr00zloose said:
shoulda seen the look on his face.... priceless
prawly looked a lot like the one on my face as i was reading that post!

DUH

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
if you don't have the tip sensor, you can bypass it, but i don't know the color codes off the top of my head.

if you still have the tip sensor, plug it in, and just zip tie it (with the arrow facing up) to something.....vrooooom!!

my 954 is set up that way, but i filled the tip sensor with silicon so that the bike won't shut off at 12 oclock.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
929_adam said:
prawly looked a lot like the one on my face as i was reading that post!

DUH

lol, somehow i figured that was the case. happens to the best of us.

the tip sensor either shuts off the fuel pump, or the ignition, depending on the bike.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
the Tipover sensor's in the headlight? Good to know lol, would've never thought to look there.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ummm... i dont think its in the headlight...its part of the front harness tho??

im not actually sure what/ where it is....

:squid:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i'm almost positiive the tip sensor is attached to the headlight with a rubber piece.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
so, uh....did it start?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay. so i went to check out my headlight. its mounted right inbetween the two light sections.

so. i'm wondering: do i have to pull the harness off the headlight with the tip sensor and hook all that shit up, mount it, and hide it?

or

is there a way to bypass the fucker??

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
like i said, i don't know the color codes. is it a 2 wire or 3 wire sensor?

you could just unbolt the sensor from the headlight, plug it back into the bike, and hide it somewhere. that's how mine's set up. i have the sensor mounted (zip tied) underneath the ignition switch, and with my headlight setup, you can't see it at all. just make sure it's right way up.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats probably what i'll end up doing.

now i just gotta figure out the front end before i start doing small shit. big stuff first. :D

thx again skrOOz.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
no problem, it's usually the simplest things that drive us nuts figuring out, :D

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
i knwo with the f4i that the sensor is a three wire all you do is simply take the two outside wires which is power and ground and connect those two and then leave the middle by its self with some tape on the end that is what i did ill look on stuntlife for ya. just looked and connect the red and the green wire that is in the connector for the tip sensor and walla bypassed. i would actually just cut the who connector and such off at a decent length so it can be spliced back on at another time incase you go back to stock or something but there you have it bro

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
good to know. i usually just relocate them, but that info could come in handy when diagnosing bike, especially wrecks. THANKS!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yep. it runs. just plugged in the headlight to the harness. started right up!

:cfrocks: thx scroOz

1 - 20 of 20 Posts