Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Is my bike ok?
15,255 Posts
I like those bikes. Hmm...

It's scary that it seems to be puking it's oil all over. Who knows in the cases are gone. Front wheel definitely took a nasty hit. I've seen bikes with wheels dinged like that with bent forks and rolled steering necks. I'd love to be able to check that bike out in person.

I really like these. 5 valve R1 motor in an upright seating position and no electronic bullshit.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
"dropped it"...off a cliff? Dang...

Reactions: mcantar

·
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can say I have probably bought more wrecked bikes than most people, and the forks looks like they could be straight to me. the motor doesn't seam to have lots of damage. my guess is when it went over, it dumped gas on the bike, and it mixed with whatever residual oil was on the motor and coated the side.

but it definitely leaked out onto the truck bed. hard to tell.

front wheel borked, can see it in the side pic, but I bet a bunch of cheap yam stuff swap.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,255 Posts
Rear of the frame is tweaked pretty hard, but I don't think that much damage can come from 12 o'clocking a bike. With the front wheel ding and all the body ripping off it looks like a possible end over end flip after hitting a curb?Especially with so much abrasion damage to the seat. Pretty sure that bike has been upside down.

Tank dents that look like the bars smacked the tank have been a 50/50 chance of tweaked necks according to bikes wrecked bikes we've parted out at my buddy's shop. When the forks fold hard enough to smack the steering stops with that much force, sometimes things give.

It's 50/50 that you patch this bike back together with a few cheap parts and knocked the ding out of the rim, or the frame could be seriously tweaked. It's been on my mind all day, just too far away to take a peek.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.