Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 91-95 zx7 Forks (65mm caliper mount spacing) and I plan on running 05- zx6r front wheel when I can find a decent price on one.

I was planning on running zx7 (320mm) rotors to match the calipers, but I keep seeing zx6r wheels with rotors (300mm) attached. So the question is: is there a set of 65mm spaced calipers set up for 300mm rotors?

I can always turn around and resell the zx6r rotors and run 320's. Just exploring my options

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Caliper adapters or 320mm discs. Next!

Reactions: Tusch

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
The mounting points on the 65mm or 90mm are constant. It's the mounting lugs on the fork legs that determine the location and therefore diameter of the rotors.

You may be able to make an relocation adapter for the Zx6 300mm rotors easily. It really depends on how far in-board or out-board the rotors are from the stock Zx7 items.

Later, Doug

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: Tusch

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So there's not going to be any 65mm spread calipers that would bolts on setup for 300mm rotors? I'm sure I could whip up some spacers to move the calipers inward by 10mm.

I guess I'll wait and see if I end up finding a deal on a zx6/10 wheel with or without rotors and decide from there.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Kawasaki discs have had the same mounting centres for years. You will almost certainly find the 320s fit where you took off the 300s.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I already checked that out, it looks like the zx7 (320) and the zx6r (300) have the samr bolt pattern and offset. If I end up getting a wheel with rotors already on it, I'll look at making caliper adapters, but if it doesn't have rotors I'll probably just pick up some zx7 rotors and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Just get the discs. Caliper adapters never look great and why not go with the more powerful bigger brakes, since it's the easier route anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts