Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new here and just wanna pick some brains on here. I am building a 75 z1 kawasaki and I am swaping the front end with a 94 gsxr and the rear end also. My question, is there any rule on setting the ride height for the mono shock. I need to establish this so I can make a braket and reinforcing frame to carry and mount the monoshock. any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. I also think I am going to cut the tail section off the kaw and put the gsxr tail on for a more modern look and add aftermarket molding for more aero dynamic look. thanxz all !!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
post pics of wot you got at the moment..Stem dia and height are gonna be major factors,fer the front end.You probably want to check the fork lengths as well.I believe the Z1 forks are pretty long .That may be an issue if you have much shorter forks to replace them with .Yer gonna need the s/arm+wheel/tire in the frame to set yer ride height for top mount bracket placement and lower linkage bracket placement ..keep postin yer progress.Better still post yer bild in the members project bikes section ..Good luck .;)

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
just as rob said, your front end is pretty long. That generation gsxr had really short forks. You will get some ground clearance issues from the setup. fork extensions or step triple clamps may be in your future if you plan to take the bike around turns.

There is a whole host of things that go into setting up a monoshock. One thing you can do is use linkage from the gsxr as well as the shock. look at pictures to show where its bell crank is mounted an all the angles of everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts