Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay has any one done one of these using gsxf 750 (katana ) lower looks to be 1-2 mm wider fork spread than the stock vtr 1000 . want to use maybe a bandit upper to mount bars on top of the triple tree . also any suggestions on wider rear swing arm?

· Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
That seems like a pretty specific set of parts. I doubt anyone has used that combo. Katana and VTR both share the same 41mm legs so you’re good there, however, I’m sure that a Gsf and Gsxf do NOT share the same offset. You’d probably be better off finding a set of Bandit triple clamps if you want the bar mounts.

Later, Doug

· Registered
48 Posts
Firstly you must check the parts. Katana and VTR are not the best combos I used to say but maybe it works for you. But one thing you are lucky for is that their legs have the same length but Gsf and Gsxf do not share the same offset. I agree with this point. So you maybe found another one.

· Registered
246 Posts
What's the offset on the GS triple vs the offset on the VTR triple? They're going to be different which needs a bit of consideration, but one route might be to swap the whole VTR front end in, and use a custom top yoke to mount the bars?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts