Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if a Honda cbr600f4i rear swing arm will work on a 79 cb750k to utilize a modern wider tire and disk brake setup without major modification to the frame or swing arm. I am in fact looking at the f2 and f3 swing arm as well as alternatives if it is possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to use the f4i swing arm without the monoshock setup. I want to use the dual shock setup by welding shock mounts on the swing arm to keep the old school look with modern performance. Is it still possible to mount the f4i swing arm then?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year gxsr 750 swing arm did you use? Was it a direct fit or did you have to make mods to the frame and swing arm? Very nice bike by the way. What you did is what I would like to do. I want to make sure i get the right parts the first time. Measure twice cut once thought process if you know what I mean. Any and all help and suggestions are welcome.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
I had to space it out 3/4 of an inch on both sides and get a sleeve so I could run the stock pivot bolt. Then I had it welded up to run dual shocks. It's off of a 2001

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Casper I like that. That is exactly what I would like to do. The only thing I need to know is if it possible to adapt it to a 79 cb750.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
CB750 shouldn't be that much different than the GS750 series. (I have a GS750 in my garage as well and can measure off that frame if you want, but you can also message 370steve to ask him what he did.)

I recently put an SV650 swinger on my GS750 and it wasn't that hard of a job. (I haven't taken it to the road yet though.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts