Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
201 Posts
Welcome! First off let me say that is pretty much a sweet example of what an old Kaw should be when mildly cafe'd...from what I can see. But how can you corner tot he left with that huge plate! I know some countries do not allow smaller plates, but lose that thing!!! Honest gendarme, it fell off?! Or just quarter it and fold it up with piano hinge so it can be unfolded when pulled over.

Also I think they look better with the headlight and speedo dropped about 4 to 6 inches. the front fender looks a bit high off the tire, so lose it, lower it, or go with a taller tire but that will not help handling. Push the forks up the triples an inch, throw some fork gaiters on them, and ride that with pride! I am a bit jealous.

·
Registered
152 Posts
first off welcome, second if your coming here for customization advice for that little gem, you probably should've found another forum, we're already drooling at what you have sitting there before us. maybe lower the light a little and do something with the front fender like everyone is suggesting but other than that i wouldn't touch it. aside from your necessary tune up routine of course. this goes without sayin of course, but get a book and give her a good tune up and inspection by the numbers. so many people don't take that part of buying a used vehicle.

If your not wanting to keep it vintage, you could taper the back of the tank and seat (you'd need to make or find new pieces of course) and give it gentler less rigid feel but given that i don't see a single scratch or dent in the original, i doubt a single person here would recommend you do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.