Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ride like its stolen
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this 87 fzr 1000 in may of 2013 for $450 CAN it was in running condition, but it was rough. fork seals were leaking a bit, rear shock needed to be replaced

and than I replaced the mono shock for a gsxr 750

It was almost a straight swap just needed to drill the bottom hole on the shock a little bit bigger than it was and some washers to fit it in snug.

the gixxer shock raised the bike about 1.5 inch

After about 3 to 4 months of good riding I blew the transmission bearing

so I bought a new transmission and racing clutch

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Nice start I'm bleed Yamaha blue at the end of day so I'm looking forward to what you do. I have yzf600 tank ill sell you cheap so when you get the tail swapped out you don't have that ugly fzr tank.

·
Ride like its stolen
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice start I'm bleed Yamaha blue at the end of day so I'm looking forward to what you do. I have yzf600 tank ill sell you cheap so when you get the tail swapped out you don't have that ugly fzr tank.
The tank mod is going to be next year! but thanks though

·
Ride like its stolen
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But the engine back in her to check the chain alignment

I swapped the swing arms and didn't even have to grind anything, just needed a spacer.

·
Ride like its stolen
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was the rear shock easy to fit,
not really I didn't have to grind any of my frame, witch was nice. But you do have to cut about an inch off the frame to move the rear shock mount.

I still have to finish cutting and welding the sub frame together :party-smiley:

·
Ride like its stolen
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what size is your rear wheel? is it in line with the front with this setup?
after i finish welding the mounting bracket over it will be, and the rim is off a 06 vfr 800 so it should be a 180 / 55 R17 or 170 / 55 R17
:rock:

and thanks btw for all the help!

·
Ride like its stolen
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any progress?
Just started working on her again, I've been off work for the last month with a concussion, so i have to take it easy :mad: . Have to love having a 30 pound box crack you in the skull :LolLolLolLol:

I just painted the tank and half of the tail fairing

Black on the bottom
Red on the top
It's mind blowing i know lmfao!!

sorry about the low res picture, I hardbricked my s4 so i'm using my 10 year old cell phone again lol

·
Ride like its stolen
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you still have that yzf600 tank?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts