Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here recently I was able to acquire a running ZX600c1, it has no title but isn't stolen, i rescued it from the local crackheads and I DO mean rescued...

Examples of what it's had to endure:

*Drive sprocket had been JB Welded on to the shaft
*Most of the fairing was missing or broken
*They tried to spice in an ignition from a '92 ZX750
...I'm starting to tear up so I have to stop there but I'm sure you get the picture

So far I've removed the engine and mounted it to me bench so as to give it a good cleaning/adjustment/tuneup and get it running like a top, I got it to fire before removing it and it would idle, throttle up when coaxed to do so via Molotov Cocktail(gas in a spray bottle), there was no obscene knocks or rattles so the engine seems good

Now I'm in the process of stripping the frame of anything that looks useful, with no title the frame is scrap metal

My vision is something out of a low budget horror film + madmax + crusty demons of dirt, I will need to find a frame and swingarm that will accept the larger 180 or 200 tires, inverted forks and....well that as far as I've gotten, it's basically going to be "use what I can find that's free":laugh:
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369412604.532118.jpg
This is the bike prior to engine removal

The motor won't allow for use of a perimeter or delta box style frame, steel would be best for me to work with being I can't weld aluminum

I will get more pics ASAP, any suggestions on what to look for as far as compatability would be greatly appreciated

This will be a long build so be patient:laugh:

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: shinyribs

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could go through the crap of filing for a lost title but I want a diffrent frame anyway so I'm not gonna bother

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snapped a couple pics this morning of its current state ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369492732.352754.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369492821.202796.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369492900.506945.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369493025.037915.jpg

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember mine lookin like that. ...... *sigh*

A clean slate..... a clear canvas..

You didnt haplen to get a decent bellypan didya????? 0_o
Oh but yes I did:laugh: it's got a couple cracks but is mostly in good shape, most all the fairing was pretty good, so that'll help with buying new parts

Found a complete set of GSXR 750 forks/clamp/stem for $200, wish I had the cash....wonder if the GSXR 600 swinger would fit, there's a nice one for $45 shipped

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm....well let me get some pics of the pan, maybe we can work a deal here....thinkin back I might have cut on it a little but can't recall right now, I'm at work, I'll snap a couple pics tomorrow

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going inverted on the forks as well, don't think the 600 went inverted until '03, even tossed around the idea of motocross forks but they're so damn long!

·
jANITORIAL TECHNITION
1,138 Posts
If you arent using the main fork tubes, id be intrested .... I need a set that arent rusted where the seals slide up and down.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, these ones look to be in pretty good shape...

Had a few drinks last night so I been brain dead all day

I'll try to get the stuff pulled off and ready

·
jANITORIAL TECHNITION
1,138 Posts
Lol. ^^^^^^^^^ ive had a few women in the same situation. ...... wow was I drunk! Anyways , do you have an idea on a price?

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And how do I get em apart? Figure we don't need to pay to ship what ya don't want:)

·
jANITORIAL TECHNITION
1,138 Posts
aww heck, when I was shopping a while back I found a couple complete sets with all the guts for $50.
If they're rust free and straight id love to get them. As far as getting them apart, I think there's a bolt in the bottom that holds the fork together. Then you pull em apart. I think the dust seal and the swiper will come out with the tube.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shipping looks to be about $35 so how about $85 delivered if I can get em apart?

·
jANITORIAL TECHNITION
1,138 Posts
Im sorry , maybe I was unclear. I found complete forks minus the tripples for $50 . Thanks for considering it though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts