Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All !!

So, I have started this thread before but decided to repost it because I am finally really doing work and have the know-how, time, and money to "finish" it :party-smiley:. Bought her for $500. Runs crappy but its because wiring to the fuel pump is shot. Will get to that as the time goes.

Here she is when i bought her

Not the best paint job, but the frame looked intact and forks were straight. Only problem ive found is an oil leak coming from the shifter.

And then I took the plastics off... Shall we say OVERSPRAY ??? :nuts:

WTF right? they didnt even take the plastics off to paint it. well I hit that with grafiti paint remover and now it looks much better ! (more to come)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yesterday: Looks much better ! most of the blue is gone. pulled all the rear gear off and half the wiring harness.

Other Side

Next to do is to pull the rest of harness and all oilcooler/radiator shit. then pull the engine and then the real fun begins !! :CK187:

·
Registered
625 Posts
wow that was one lazy paint job lol. at least the overspray shit came off ok though.

ive never seen overspray like that.......the things people do to bikes these days huh lol.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah no joke ! im surprised that they even took the time to make sure the black lines were somewhat uniformed. they were straight at least lol.

Im just excited for how small this bike is. my katana is huge and heavy compared to this thing.

OH, and future plans to custom bike: tail chop and raise, not sure of colors yet, and also a drop in hand controls. i know i will have a lot of forward leaning (and one day back problems) but ive always enjoyed the look

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had mine set up with some stronger springs and they took a beating for about 4 years before needing to get the seals done again. (wasn't a stunt bike, just odd wheelies and hard riding)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So another good day DW... and then came in to find my roommate asleep completely sitting up... :doh: Made my night!

Anyways back to it:

Really, all I did today was label, remove, bag. Just really wanted that done. only things that have not been removed are the brakes, rotors, and coolant resoiver that is stuck behind my shock.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I ordered my gsxr springs from RaceTech, I don't remember who sent the cbr's.

I like the race tech parts and don't have anything bad to say about them, but i've heard rumor that they don't have the best quality control.

Maybe someone else has a good alternate spring manufacturer???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haven't done much. put down some paint. getting fork work done this weekend. Time is coming up soon where I start building.

I am liking bed liner more and more as i see it. Now, just waiting to get my frame back from a welder.. THAT IS ALMOST TWO WEEKS LATE.. can not start without it obviously

·
Fighter Fanatic
43 Posts
lookin good man keep it up. Nice to see another hurricane on here. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts