Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Know Nothing
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys! Been lurking here for quiet some time now and finally decided to get to work on my bike. I've had a 88 Yamaha FZ750 sitting in my yard for a year now and I was getting sick of just staring at the thing. So today I got her filled up with gas and she started up like a champ! After running it around the block and making sure the gears were in order I started the strip down. I will also say that this is the first time I've done anything mechanical other than change the oil in my car so I will try my best to understand and learn as much as you guys have to offer.

That's as far as I got today. Those headers look rough don't they. Serious pitting too should i get new headers or go with some header wrap? If anyone has any links to any information on how to make some bike and motor stands on the cheap that'd be awesome. Also any other general tips would be greatly appreciated. This is a great place and I cant wait to start contributing a little.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Those headers make it look like it been used as a motocross bike lol!
those dents will restrict the flow quite a bit I would think about replacing them but if you dont have the funds to do that then just wrap them and spend yor cash elswhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts