Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Working on my '88 NT650. Recently acquired it from a lady in Cali. Strange, this is my second hawk and both were ridden by women before me. Maybe that's why they were in such good shape?

So far on the blue hawk:

'09 cbr 600 rr front end
older model TBR exhaust

In progress:
Brembo 3-spoke, 5.5" rear wheel
Motoscope tiny--analog speedo: http://www.motogadget.de/us/frameset.html

In the near future:
clean front signals
Penske 8900 rear shock
Factory 3.0 jet kit
Unipod filters/crankcase breather
TBR V.A.L.E cannister

In my dreams:
underslung rear brake carrier
extra capacity tank
7&7 48mm clip ons (are these still available?)
919 headlight

Signing in from Houston, TX.

First pic is the bike as it came off the truck.
The rest are incremental progress. Never been much of a mechanic and definitely not a machinist, but I love working on this bike--making it better, built for my specific taste. Looking to do something original with this bike, but haven't figured out exactly what yet. That's part of why I'm here.

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,557 Posts
welcome man! cool project!

Reactions: ROBBO

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. There are some badass projects here. What are some of the most impressive/creative builds you guys have seen here?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to custom fighters. Sweet windshield in the first pic, looks like you need to be standing behind it shooting nerf footballs out of a giant air cannon...Im gonna call you Nitro.
HAHAHAHAHA!! That's some funny shit. :rotfl: Yea, it's taken over a chair in my garage--not sure who would by the thing but haven't really put any effort into selling it yet.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. There are some badass projects here. What are some of the most impressive/creative builds you guys have seen here?

GREENCHEEZEATAH!100%

Tha Zee' King !

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
welcom in mate ,check out tha Cheezes' bild !

·
4 Posts
Nice. Here's mine. So far mods include M4 ti exhaust, stage 3 jet, Buell indicators.

Up next: Penske 8900 shock, race-tuned CBR F2 front end. Cutting can to about half and relocating to underneath frame. Wrapping pipes. Tyga rearsets. Fabbitappi seat cover. Vortex clip-ons. New instrumentation (love the mini linked in the OP).

Down the road: F2 tank. Possibly/probably modding subframe to accept Duc Monster seat.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome.

·
The Black Arm-y
2,477 Posts
Where could one even start? Just click on shit chances are you won't be disappointed. Rob speaks of Gavin a member who we lost last year. His bike and legacy are definitely my inspiration as well as many members here. But honestly the list goes on and on.

Check past FOTM and FOTY threads.

Welcome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts