Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellas 'just found the forum & what a find it is .wonder if i can get advice from fellow kwaker builders even though i have experiance& knowledge you can always learn more .as i have posted me bike is an 88zx10 & its eatin the juice & also i need to change the front end & do a few mods to it.whats the zx10's weakness's & strengths & general adivce.lots of thanx & respect in advance .regards skully

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
nice brown kawi... seems to be alot joinin up

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice brown kawi...
Brother its getting matt blacked lol.seriously though its got potential .I didnt like the fact it had no thermostat in The thermo housing & no header bottle ,the chain was mega tight plus had to ride it back 400 mile ,iant no light wait hit a bump & now i got to get new seal for the final drive shaft as there is a slight weap of oil . need to find out all the settings & clearance ect .Iam glad iwont bealone if there is more z10 oldskoolz joining like myself.peace :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
weho a classic,Ha mate I luv me kawasakis thats fer sure .You will have a grate Fighter there if done rite lad ..

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rode it back with a new tyre on me back with a buggered rear caliper ' BANZAI '! From SOUTHEND .Iwas eatin the juice bad ,owe also itook off on the m25 & the left handle bar muff pushed the clutch in 'pmsl' poped the clutch & not expectin it being a hydrolic 'left me wondering WTF was goin on,so am lookin down think why is she redlinin has the basket had enough like the israelites & gone awol 'bear in mind its dialed up & am lookin down towrd the left with head cocked to one side & the frontwheel just came up 'to say the least me undies were a mess trying to keep hold of a demented polo horse on acid lol rof.junction 27 was closed & was diverted up the a500 whilst me visor froze up bad ,woeful journey . She has potential & iwant to get the best out of here but shes givin about 18 to the gallon ,its bad compared to all the fancy injection jobs now.assperated is so much more fun .peace & regards fellas

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Big issue with the older tens was the front end, and everything in er. Fork swap and some more braking power will make it alot more fun to ride, not to mention looking better. That and personally there's way too much realestate on that tail, I'd be swappin her for sure....

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stunt do you mean everything in the forks when you in er fella,thnx for the tip,what fronends & wheels slip on to her & brakes brother .regards

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
DEFINATLY in need of a front ends swap, forks, wheel, brakes and all. A new subframe and tail would be next, then I would look into finding someone to weld a brace on that swingarm. It looks great, just needs a nice over or under brace welded on there to finish it off.

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
I'd try to find a heavier front end, possibly a newer 10 or even a 14. Just for the weight factor on that bike. The 636 could prolly be resprung and would be cheaper by far, but any of them will be a huge upgrade from those old mushy ones....

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Ya, I would go for a 10 or 14. ZX9R's had USD's too didn't they? might be an option too.

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The front is ''as much use as an ashtry on a motorbike'!' .To be honest it scares me lashing her around & really handles like a light weight ball kiked up a windy back entry!, i appreciate every tip you can give lads

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its a serious issue & needs sortin ,me m8 fred 'used to be mech for gary rothwell also old friend from teenage offroad days' had a look at it last night ,he seems to think its a goer& sound ,he was doing his gixer 'one of garys old stunt bikes ' lastnight & his lad noticed my back end& the panels had been elongated wp tail & seat to fix the zx10b1 ,ithought nothing of it till fred pointed out after dan sussing it out.he should be able to get a frontend to suit .also me m8 john has just finished his bandit /gixer fighter & it looks well .after riding it for awhile its grew on me has the kwak so am gonna see what else i can get for it like clockes with built in rev counter temp gauge etc if ya get me drift lads,but iam open to all your ideas still .please give more suggestions,candyman you got a point there iwill scout& see what is what fella,this fron end looks okay

Attachments

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! WTF what planet did that fall off rob! its erotic exotic & a little PSHYCOTIC!.now ad buy that for a dollar .i would luv to see it in the flesh & av a rip.av got a great big steamin stonk on lookin at this.CHEERS FOR THE EYE CANDY BRUV!.definatley 20k lost in that on the motor4shaw

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,610 Posts
hello fellas 'just found the forum & what a find it is .wonder if i can get advice from fellow kwaker builders even though i have experiance& knowledge you can always learn more .as i have posted me bike is an 88zx10 & its eatin the juice & also i need to change the front end & do a few mods to it.whats the zx10's weakness's & strengths & general adivce.lots of thanx & respect in advance .regards skully

You say your names skully?

thats what we call our logo - :skully:

That deserves a free sticker I think!

Guys are giving ya good advice so far, and holy hell robzaroadereater that foOkin bike is goregous!

Reactions: ROBBO

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey adam gotta say this forum is the mutz nutz& all the guyz are top bananna's ,ithink this is the home of the rightous& free brother robs a class guy ,the zx10 turbo is a corker innit .yeah my nik names skully ,iused to drive a dumper truck in a cemetry years ago when i was a kid & i build a top x7 250 2smoke 'i had renthals onit & spott lamps & built a few more with twin disc front ends from yam rd400 & converted them to monoshock when iwas an apprentice engineer 'i named the style a street bandit in 86 87 .grew up with my grandfather who raced ajs's & was a mogul in the engineering industry ,he worked on the hms reknow& dreadnought propultion systems 'a true mad scotsman & patriot to brit bikes ,he hated jap bikes so he banned me from the work shop in his back garden ,milling drilling lathes shapers mill saw machines so it were like heaven when he was away coz i had my freedom in the workshop lol ,thats were i got my name screaminskull as iwas screamin round on 2smokerz rofl,i had a fs1e with the rotary disc valve& ported it out gas flown the head& ported it drilled the disc at a certin degree to induce more fuel intake ,i made from a washer motor a fuel injector that worked off a button to throw the xtra in the bellmouth mixed with kazy r oil & methanol ,that was fun fast 50cc at 15 ,16 years iwas ready to hit the road legal& was leaving all the rich kids for dead on there 125's ,iwish i still had that .converted a honda ss50 to semi watercooled& oilcooled which had a spare carb to change over as it was jetted up for methanol .yeah so thats how i got the name skully as it were short for my 2nd name also .appreciated the sticker fella your truly a gent sir.peace& respect

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anyone give me swing arm specs for me to brace it etc & the average mpg with on & off fairings with also standard engine please fellas. ned to crack on & get a front end & a differant back wheel

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stunt iwas thinking more of using zx7r fron end ,rob anyone what you think.ARGH there is one problem the stat housing on the frame but am sure that can be remedied

1 - 20 of 39 Posts