Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Progress has been a little slow as of late due to work commitments and traveling around for it.

I have ordered a nice Larosa bobber seat from the States so that may take a week or so to get to me, Metal for the subframe has been ordered so in the mean time i did this on sunday

Relocated a lot of the wiring from under the current subframe to under the tank. Lots of cutting, shortening and lengthening of the loom. Its a horrible job until its all done and then is worth it.

only the battery to be moved now and the rear will be completely empty.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Not really been updating much on the project due to a lot of shit going on with the girlfriend.
Split up, gave up the house and moved in with my nan until i sort myself out.

So a little progress i have done in the mean time to keep my brain active;
My original seat was very tatty, ripped and extremely uncomfortable. I know i am swapping the tail out soon but in the mean time i dont want to be riding a shit box.

Before.

After

Thanks to the kind "donation" of one of my neighbours leather reclining chairs. Not bad considering this is the first time i have done that and cost me nothing.

·
WannaBe
103 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear about your and the gf. Sucks. Had the same problem with the wife, but I think after 3months of her staying with her parents a few hours away we might get our shit together. lol

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think a hornet usd front end will fit stright in with maybe a stem swap.....

·
evillani
87 Posts
John where did you relocate the ecu to? Your tail looks so clean and makes me wana pull everything from my tail too

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
John where did you relocate the ecu to? Your tail looks so clean and makes me wana pull everything from my tail too
At the moment its all nicely sitting in the battery box as the rear part of it had a lot of space.

Once i finish my rear end build i will be putting it all under the tank. I will be extending the rear portion of the tank so it lines up better with the seat angle (look at my initial sketches and drawings so you can see what i mean) and i can hide all the electrical components in there.

Well that's the plan anyway

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
So this evening i spent a few hours designing a SSSA for the old girl.
I have never seen one on an F1 before so could be a first (maybe)

So its still in a crude form and still need to figure a few bits out but its well on its way

Currently this has a jackshaft in there, but if i can get a front sprocket with enough offset i may not have to go that route. As the Jackshaft is going to be the toughest part to figure out in this current configuration

A bit more development and i should have something a little more feasible.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looks pretty cool I like the idea of the jsckshaft but it would a bitch to really be put to life. It's been done plenty of times before I'm sure you if find the basics of it you could build it without to many problems

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Yeah i have quite a lot of info on the Jack Shaft and have the idea in my head, just need to get it designed and take it from there.
I was looking at VFR swing arms originally but with the amount of work needed to get it to fit i thought i may as well just go the whole hog and create a one off designed for the bike rather than hacking something to make it fit.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
If you've got the resources to build your own go for it. I wish I had the tools skill and knowledge to build my own. Good luck with whatever route you go

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Got a wee bit excited tonight looking over SSSA designs and started to model in my whole bike.
Added CBR RR front end and some rear sets that i will get machined if i cant find any that are suitable or close enough to my vision (mostly due to cost of one off machining)

I like doing things like this as i find it very quick and easy to come up with a realistic design without spending money on it as things always seem to go wrong when i dive right in, ha.

The SSSA has changed a little too and i think this works a lot better and ties in more with rectangular form of the frame.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts