·
CF Pitbull
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been done for a while now.
Forgot CF had this section lol
Its a 79/80 GS850 shafty.

Quick back story.
Bike was owned buy a buddy that rattle bombed the whole thing flat black "everything" and paid out the assho to have a new clutch thrown in it. Along with everything and anything having to do with the clutch. Super heavy clutch springs that made the clutch near to impossible to pull.
He gave up on it and left it sitting pretty out in the yard. I believe he said it was around 4 years. I picked it up for a buck an change,plotted a bit,forgot I had it for a while,then this happened.The idea was to build a bike for next to nothing. I wanted it to look as if it had been bobbed years ago and left to waste away that way. As much as I love the look of a hardtail,F that shit in NJ! So I did my best to keep that flow of a hardtail backbone without destroying mine. This will be a large picture thread with captions being this nasty shit bomb is just so damn photogenic.

Attachments

·
CF Pitbull
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cut the front tank mount out from under the backbone of the bike and moved it to the top. That lifted the front of the tank about 4 inches creating the illusion that the frame actually follows the same line.. Started mocking up the top shock mounts. Idea was to slam the ass as much as possible with out binding up the rear shocks or drive shaft.

·
CF Pitbull
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pay it forward exhaust system. Big thanks to amsoil929!!
I believe it was for a Honda Hurricane.

After a flange swap and some heat. Just have to shape it to the bike now.

Chicken wire mesh AKA Instabaffels. Cut 4 inch strips,roll um up loose and stuff um in. Just enough to bring the air/fuel back into adjustment. After hosing the ching chang chong pod filters in hairspray of course.

TEST RIDE!!

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Hell yeah man...

I had to look at the first pics you posted to see if those were the bars you started with... Front looks so much cleaner now. Great stance too...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts