Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone! I have a cbr 600 hurricane and i cant get it to run on its own! The bike runs but i have to pour gas into the carbs. Once all the gas it burnt up it dies. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are the carbs clean? I have the same bike as you. Mine would do the same thing, and the carbs were completely gunked up. I didn't have to totally rebuild them, just take the float bowl off, and the brass jets and a can of carb cleaner. My bet is that those passages are clogged.
Are you running a fuel filter? I would run one no matter what due to the age of the bike and the possibility of rust in the tank.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the carbs clean? I have the same bike as you. Mine would do the same thing, and the carbs were completely gunked up. I didn't have to totally rebuild them, just take the float bowl off, and the brass jets and a can of carb cleaner. My bet is that those passages are clogged.
Are you running a fuel filter? I would run one no matter what due to the age of the bike and the possibility of rust in the tank.
Yeah i rebuilt the carbs cleaned the bowl and jets. And yeah im running an old fuel filter. I should probably change that. And clean my gas tank. Its weird cuz if i put gas into the carbs itll run until the gas i put in is all burnt up.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
If you remove the fuel line from the carbs, is there fuel coming through the line?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shes alive! Got her running and idling on her own. The problem was the fuel pump it wasnt working at all. So i cut it out and ran a hose from the petcock to the carbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts