Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 90 CBR600 as a project. It also came with a set of forks that the PO said was from a 2000 ZX7. Forks are inverted, have dual Torkico (sp?) calipers. The fork bodies are gold anodized, and the fork piston measures 43mm. I don't think they are ZX forks. Could they possibly be (fingers crossed) CBR 1100XX forks? I don't know if they were inverted or not. It would be awesome if they were Hondas, as I think the swap would be much easier.
The triple has roller bearings on it, if that helps.

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
2000 ZX7 forks match your description exactly. Why do you think they aren't from that bike?

(The brakes are "Tokico", by the way. No 'R'.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think they were the ZX7's because the fork swap guide in the suspension section states they are 52mm. Is the measurement taken at the clamps?
If the measurements are at the clamps, could I just then try to find some Honda trees with that diameter and it would (in theory) bolt right up? If so, I'll probably use them.
If not, they will probably be for sale.....

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
Yeah. They'd be 52mm at the clamps, with 43mm tubes. Swap guides usually go by whatever's at the clamps, because that's what matters for swaps, so with USDs, it'll always be a lot bigger than the tubes.

Unless you find someone parting an RS250, you're SOL on 52mm Honda yokes. A newer CBR front end will bolt right up. Sell what'cha got and do that instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts