Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy folks, after a lot of time spent reading this awesome forum reading your build threads, here is my humble bike.

At the moment this is my only bike, and I like to keep it simple and stupid, so this is going to look very ugly at times, but I have been fucking around this bike for a year now, so it is near finished, I hope that I will manage to upload the whole story today :)

I work on this bike on my own, and I don't own a shop or a fancy tools, so most of the stuff you see is querilla style :)

Little bit about the bike:

it is a '90 Kawasaki ZZR 600 D ( aka zx6d in the states ) with 55.000 original kilometers.

This is what it looked like once it was new

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The previous owner had crashed the bike, and he allready converted it to some kind of a streetfighter. The bike ran nice, it was still very strong, but it wass a dinged up piece of shit, so I managed to get a fairly low price. I rode it like this for the whole summer, I added some bags on it for a summer trip with my girl

checking the ergonomics

I know it was ugly, but it was my only mean of transport at that time. I don't own a cage and I like tro travel a lot. I travelled across most of the europa and some parts of asia on my bikes, and I log around 30.000 Km a year on a motorcycle, so luggage was a necessity :)

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After the summer, and another 18.000 kilometers logged on this ugly 150 + mph travelling beast, I decided that it was a time to take her apart to the last bit ( the bike, not the blonde ;-) )

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only thing left to do was to take the frame of the engine. I really like how japs made this one. Four bolts that hold the frame and the angine and it is free. Engine is around 50 kilos, and the frame is 13 ;-) So I just lifted the frame and it was free

finishing in the night

Ta da, took it all apart in 3 hours :)

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, let's see the internals of the patient

I took the wiring loom totally apart, checked one wire at the time

A lot of dings and dongs, all to be replaced and completely resoldered

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't like the fact that the front left fork was bent in a crash and then straightened out. It was solid, and the suspension worked, but I can't live with that

Took them apart

Not bad, hagon progressive springs, a nice upgrade from the stock

Old forks, going to be sold for parts :) I am a more of a USD kind of a guy :)

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a conffession to make:

I AM AN ALCOHOLIC

So, I was out drinking for couple of days, or weeks, can't really remember, I was on the carribbean, but the snow fell in the mean time, and I didn't notice it :)

When I finally got home, this is what I saw :)

FUCK IT, GONNA HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WHILE :)

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I again wen't accross the Atlantic ocean to warmer parts for couple of months, and then I sailed back from Ceribean to Italy for about 50 days :)

I am a proffesional sailling boat captain so this is what I did untill the snow on the bike melted

After 50 days of drinking and sailing I got home for a couple of weeks to continue the bike build

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok,

before I left i took most of the non engine parts to be proffesionally sand blasted. Then I took some duplicolor rattle cans in matt black, and started to paint pretty much all of the parts that I cleaned and restored

I also completely cleaned and retuned the engine, adjusted the valves, and painted it with high temperature colour

Just temporarily putting it together to check for some ergonomics

·
Kwaki molester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are few pictures of my sorry ass man-cave where I work on my parts

Jes, I know, I am tidy as FUCK :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts