Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Póg mo Thóin
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
got the gauge mostly installed today, i still need to connect the temp gauge, and replace and wire my fuel level sender, also i couldnt figure out a way to wire in a neutral light... so ill mess with that another time, my phone died at the end of the night to so i only managed to take 3 kinda blah pics... ill try and get more tmro

this was just a quick mock up to see how things would fit together

my broken level sender and a metal ring that has been rolling around in my tank since i got it... man that was annoying

and this is where i relocated my ignition switch to

·
Registered
25 Posts
The gauge worked out very nicely with that headlight assembly.. looks very clean.

BUT.. there is still waaaaay too much plastic on that bike. :robssmilie:

·
Póg mo Thóin
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
thanks, i would have to agree with you, glad i went the route i did with that, as far as the plastics go, im not convinced... haha, i plan on losing the rear signals and installing either flush mount ones or my most likely course of action is to get one of those license plate frames with integrated signals, then im going to move the license plate up right under the tail light and either remove the fender or cut it down to the size of the plate and cut off all the plastic under the main part of the side panel.

i wouldnt have a problem with losing the rest of the plastics if the sub frame wasnt so boring/ugly...

i really need to get my seat fixed too...

·
Póg mo Thóin
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
put my headlight back on, gonna cost to much to ship, dood says he will give me a partial refund, he wants pics of the damage though, i wired my tach up finally, i tapped into the factory tach signal, i replaced the relay for the forks, seems to be a bit better now

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh and btw thats the same helmet I have lol. And another good idea that I saw for the coolant overflow was a VENOM energy drink bottle. Cuz its made out of pretty heavy dudy metal. Much thicker than a normal can.

·
Póg mo Thóin
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
heh, im dumb... those are different from my bike, thanks anyway, and sorry i didnt get back to you till now, i havent checked this thread in quite a while.

(TL;DR) where can i get parts for my gear box

with cooler weather coming in im thinking of taking the bike to my dad's for winter, he said i could store it there. and that translated in my mind to "keep it here and use my lift table and all my tools"

so im trying to find a weekend where i can just take it down there and start tearing it apart, my goal for the end of winter is to have everything green painted gloss black, everything not green painted matte black. rebuild the carbs, actually jet it properly, i only changed the main needle when i got that kit last spring so that it would be drivable. properly mount my relocated key switch, get flush mount turn signals, front and rear. a rear view camera because i cant find any mirrors i like. and finally... ugh... disassemble the trans... i am aware of how much a pain in the ass this will be, hence the "ugh"

the reason for doing that: it falls out of second when i decelerate.
so that brings me to my question. what would cause it to fall out of second gear ONLY when decelerating? when i am accelerating i have zero issues, hasnt missed a beat. i have grown accustomed to holding the shit lever down or up when going into second so that when i do decelerate i can use the engine to slow me down... i just about shit my pants the first time it did it, i was in some HARD twistys with a couple buddies, i had never gone this route before but they had, i was going pretty fast and was doing fine but about half way through the second turn the trans fell out of second and i came like INCHES from hitting my buddy and riding off the road...

back to my question, where can i get parts for my gear box and what parts could possibly be causing this?
any help would be appreciated.

·
Póg mo Thóin
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
i found the issue with it falling out of second. in this pic \/ notice the size of the hole in the middle, the shift fork rides on that channel

now this hole is the correct size and you can see the check ball inside it.

that ball fell out and fucked up the fork, and you can see in this pic it actually took a chunk out of the gear too.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts