Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys know if a 1995 VFR750 single sided swingarm will work on my 900RR project? If so, what's a good price? Also, while I'm at it... is there a 6 inch wide rear wheel that will fit either my stock swingarm or the VFR swingarm? I'm also looking for a front end with inverted forks that will fit. Thanks

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Yes, the 95 does work. 94-98 should all fit. You need a spacer to fill the gap at the pivot. Use the stock 900 shock and linkages.
I don't know of a 6 inch wheel, but the later 750 and 800 wheels are 5.5. There were some aftermarket companies that made 6 inch wheels for it once upon a time, but they are getting harder to find.

As for a price... I've seen them go anywhere between $250-500 on ebay. I've also seen them go for much more. Depends what comes with it and what kind of shape.

As for front ends. Most of the New Honda forks bolt up, but you need to use the entire front end. Forks, wheel, brakes, Etc. 929/954deffinatly work. 600RR and I belive 1000RR will work also, but check for the neck bearing sizes befor you comit to one.

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scrapyard said:
Yes, the 95 does work. 94-98 should all fit. You need a spacer to fill the gap at the pivot. Use the stock 900 shock and linkages.
I don't know of a 6 inch wheel, but the later 750 and 800 wheels are 5.5. There were some aftermarket companies that made 6 inch wheels for it once upon a time, but they are getting harder to find.

As for a price... I've seen them go anywhere between $250-500 on ebay. I've also seen them go for much more. Depends what comes with it and what kind of shape.

As for front ends. Most of the New Honda forks bolt up, but you need to use the entire front end. Forks, wheel, brakes, Etc. 929/954deffinatly work. 600RR and I belive 1000RR will work also, but check for the neck bearing sizes befor you comit to one.

You da man! Thanks. I found 95 VFR single swinger for $300. I think he wants another $150 for the wheel. I've been told that only the 929 front end will bolt right up because of the neck bearing sizes but I'd rather go with an 05 or 06 1000RR if I can make it work.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I know the early 600RR bolts up, but that was the conventional front end. If the new inverted front end uses the same stem then it "should" work. Then again there's always the option of custom clamps. Or if you're on a shoe string budget like me, Break out the grinders and open up the top bearing hole on your neck.

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
now dammit troy, how are you gonna get anything done without the word getting "out" if your asking questions on here? you think i can keep my mouth shut?:D

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Ok, some discrepancies here.

I remembe reading somewhere that the 94-97 ONLY will work on the 900RR. I remember reading that the 98+ didnt fit, and the 93 and earlier was to narrow.

There was a thread on rrzone.com about it.

Just an FYI

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
You're probably right on the years. I forget what the first year was for the 800. My arm came from a 97. Theoreticly though, All of them can be made to fit. Just depends how much work you want to put into it. Dano (on this board and ASF) has an 800 arm in his '94 Blade. He had to make a pivot tube, but it does the job.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Scrapyard said:
You're probably right on the years. I forget what the first year was for the 800. My arm came from a 97. Theoreticly though, All of them can be made to fit. Just depends how much work you want to put into it. Dano (on this board and ASF) has an 800 arm in his '94 Blade. He had to make a pivot tube, but it does the job.

Wanna sell the VFR swinger to me? :)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
if you need any spacers machined, I can do it for you. just let me know

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
All I need is measurments and material. and sometimes I don't even need material..... I love the scrap pile

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
yeah, I can do that. just measurments.... thats all that I need

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I missed out on the swinger I was trying to buy. I'm still looking..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts