Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an extended swingarm off of a 91 gsxr 1100 drag bike for a great deal. Problem is my swingarm pivot bolt is a 25mm diameter and the 91 is 20mm, how can I go about solving this issue?

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Look at a parts diagram of the bikes and see if there is a bearing number for each bike. Search what size that number is so you know exactly what you are working with. Maybe all you need is a new inner race.

Or you could just measure the OD of the bearings yourself and cut right to the chase. We can't really help until we know what exactly we're working with.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Bronze on a needle bearing isn't going to work out. You need a hardened steel inner race or those needles are going to chew up that bronze in no time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damnit i didnt even notice they were bronzeback tot he drawing board tomorrow. too late to mess around w it now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so i measured, the new swingarm i have is a from a 93 gsxr with a 25mm pivot bolt, my bike is a 96, it has a 30mm pivot bolt. am I going to need bushings for the frame and for the swingarm? now im really confused haha

·
319 Posts
I did this a long time ago the sleeve from the 93 will fit inside the sleeve from the 96 with very little play I found this info out on the Old School Suzuki website. I mentioned the little play between the sleeves to the guy who told me how to, he used Loctite himself and I did as well and then I used the axle from the 93.
Or you could get a new set of Sleeves made up for a perfect fit like someone mentioned in this post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts