Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know the size of the steering stem nut. Ive asked teh dealer and looked at fiche's and noone can tell me. Its either a 34 or 36mm I believe. The reason I ask is because I need one and I found a custom one I want instead of spending the same amount on a stock one. Thanks!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Dudad said:
I need to know the size of the steering stem nut. Ive asked teh dealer and looked at fiche's and noone can tell me. Its either a 34 or 36mm I believe. The reason I ask is because I need one and I found a custom one I want instead of spending the same amount on a stock one. Thanks!

i believe it SHOULD be the same size as the stock one off any katana/gsxr/pretty much any suzuki made before 96. they almost all use the same stem and bearings.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The katana uses a different setup. It actually uses a bolt with an attached nut or whatever on it. Like I said, the guy says in the auction there are two sizes, I just wanna make sure i get the right one the first time lol

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
gotcha. i have an 86 and a 99 gsxr at the shop, best i could do as far as measurements go.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im referring to what size socket/wrench fits on the nut.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Dudad said:
Im referring to what size socket/wrench fits on the nut.

ooooooh, ok.

a big one?? lol

i believe it's a 36. i only say that because i don't even think i've ever used my 34mm socket, but the 36 gets used quite often.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, this is the hardest thing to find out,. I wonder if he will send me 1 of each and ill just return the other or sell it to someone on here.......anyone interested in these?

And he has this one for the R1 or R6.....and I guess whatever other yamaha uses this size nut.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
your gonna put a wrench or socket on those?? id say go with a rag on it and use an adjustable.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Argggg my hopes keep getting raised when I see a new post hoping someone has the answer lol. I emailed him and asked if he would just send 1 of each and I would return the one that didnt fit.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
tell that guy hes an idiot and nuts and bolts arent measured by what size socket or wrench takes em off!

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol well suzuki made two different sized nutes. One uses a 34mm and one uses a 36mm. If I know what mm nut goes on the spindle then Im good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts