Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
'91 GSX750F (katana) budget build up

well since my zx10 got written off on its first outing from the MOT centre, i been searching for a daily driver/project for a few weeks and today i went and put down my deposit for this, will be picking it up at the weekend.

only photo i got so far

gotta start getting some parts for her soon, but first need to find a new job as i just lost mine.

imediate plans, the usual de-fairing, twin headlights, renthal bars etc, its already got a aftermarket exhaust, but not sure on the make.

unsure whether to keep the colour or go nato green(which was the original plan for the zx10) and stick my gas mask over the headlights,

decisions decisions, time for a drink me thinks

chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: '91 GSX750F (katana) budget build

finally picked her up late last night.

had a little play with her today, took off fairing, but decided to keep the belly pan on

desperatly need a new light/indicators/wing mirrors/speedo setup, so i can get rid off the ugly front end.

was told the carbs needed balanceing, so tried doing that myself today( bearing in mind im no mechanic) plumbed it all up and wasnt getting any response from number 4 at all, even when revving. luckly my mate is a mechanic and hes gonig to have a look at it tomorrow.

im trying to do everything myself, but with this being my first streetfighter, i'll except help from whoever can help me.

want to do something with the rear end, but got to keep pillion for the missus, so not exactly sure what i can do( at least until she gets her licence, then i can chop backend off), any ideas welcome.

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
Go with a Vapor by Trail Tech for the gauge set up. Easy to do, gauge cost me less than $100 on amazon and came with everything I needed (outside of indicator lights).

I would email Trail Tech to confirm, but I'm 99% sure a 75-600 (silver) or 752-600 (black) will work. It's good for most Japanese street bikes - I just put one on a 1997 Kawi

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ffs, took bike to garage and when i got there id lost most of my oil:oops:, so from tomorrow we gonna rip the engine out and just hope its nothing major, also need a new rear disc, coz all i could feel through the brake pedal is a constant vibration.
on the plus side i also get my zx10 back from the insurers, so looks like im gonna have 2 projects on the go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts