Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
1991 GSXR 750 dry weight(complete bike)-435 lbs
1991 GSXR 1100 dry weight(complete bike)-490 lbs

Theyre basically the exact same bike other than the obvious. Both had an almost exact same frame, front end, etc. I'm willing to bet the weight difference is almost entirely from the engine. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1991 GSXR 750 dry weight(complete bike)-435 lbs
1991 GSXR 1100 dry weight(complete bike)-490 lbs

Theyre basically the exact same bike other than the obvious. Both had an almost exact same frame, front end, etc. I'm willing to bet the weight difference is almost entirely from the engine. Hope that helps.
Haha, those were the stats I already knew, thanks for trying to help though.

Ive read some places the motors are the same minus different sized bores, if that were the case Ide almsot think the 1100 motor in and of itself would be lighter (with less cylinder material).

However, if they are entirely different motors together I want the lighter of the two, which as of right now looks like the 750. But ide still like a estimate weight of the motor by itself if anyone has one.

;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
750 = 116
1100 = 143

@ a weight difference of 55 lbs, ide take the lighter of the two (assuming the weight difference is in the motor alone). Ide prefer a lighter bike myself (I only weigh in at 155 lbs)

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Pretty much the only time making a 7/11 was worth it was back when the 750 frames were aluminium and the 1100 frames were steel. And you could get the fucking awesome bullet proof oil boiler 1127.

The 1100 engine is like a fucking jet turbine. It just hauls and hauls and then you have to take a corner and you panic and then it hauls again. The 750 has always been crazy powerful but the frame geometry has made it a much more nimble bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts