Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of picking this bike up to build a streetfighter out of it and wanted to see if anyone here would know if I would have to get longer cables and wiring or if there is enough slack for a set of dirt bike bars with risers?

Thanx Jason

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i had to get longer front brake lines. and re-route my cables to reach. . . not that i have a gsxr, but i did do a dirtbar conversion. heh.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Blaze said:
Ok, Thats sound cool. Now, were do you go for longer brake lines?

you have to go to a big & tall motorcycle shop! :LolLolLolLol:

http://www.spieglerusa.com/

your probably gonna want like two 12" and one 18" ( i should measure)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
:muah:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fuuuuunnnnnnyyyyyy! Thanx for the site!

You say I will need a 12"and a 18" but I thought I would just need one brake line? Why two? There is the on from the master cylinder to the joint were it splits...am I missing something else?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Blaze said:
Fuuuuunnnnnnyyyyyy! Thanx for the site!

You say I will need a 12"and a 18" but I thought I would just need one brake line? Why two? There is the on from the master cylinder to the joint were it splits...am I missing something else?

no. i guess not. just changing the one upper line would be fine. . .

when i changed mine. i went from stock to stainless lines so i had to buy three pieces and all the connectors.

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
I recomend that you lose the conector where the lines split and run 2 lines, 1 each directly to the caliper you lose a few more grams weight and it's easer to find any problems later in the future, you'll just need a longer banjo bolt for the master cylinder :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
....and two long cables. :D

good point gixerman!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts