Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im picking up a 91 zx7 pretty sure its an R but wont know for a fact till i see the vin but anyways ive been searching for hours for after market parts for it i really wanted a new uper fairing i think the stock one is just to plain im trying to modernize it as much as possible. I also was looking for HID headlights but cant find anything for a 91!!! Help please if anyone knows of any sites i can order it from or anything else let me know... Also this will be my first bike but ive been riding for years.

Attachments

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
considering the age of the bike, aftermarket parts are going to be difficult to find new. You could adapt a different bikes fairings, but it will take some fabrication and perhaps some trial and error.

But here at CF, we specialize in removing fairings
Some inspiration for you

I really dig this first one :robssmilie:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also really dig that first picture. I'm in the same boat as the OP, but I have no idea what to do besides strip the fairings. I've never done any fab or serious customization. Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Fairings? Into the bin with them.

As said, new aftermarket stuff designed for your specific model is going to be tough. You might find an exhaust system someone still makes, but otherwise it's going to be adapting universal parts to work. HIDs are easy, just power to a ballast and getting the proper bulb to fit your bike's light socket....probably h4 (3 wire) or h7(two wire).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts