Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Macaque
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go!

I'm going to take my time on this one and really try to do something special. :D

Starting with a 1992 GSXR 1100.

My new workbench

Beginning the break-down

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Great job, work bench looks great too!

·
Macaque
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been making some progress on the bike after work in the past week. Check it out.

2008 R1 Swingarm

Some interference: The frame at the pivot is 9 1/4" and the swingarm is about 10". I'll have to mill the swingarm to fit.

Cut the subframe off

Fork tube covers, 2.5" OD. Mocked up some 32" straight bars. I'll build the real deal this weekend.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,575 Posts
Looks like you've got a plan :metal:

·
Bazinga!
2,604 Posts
this is shaping up to be pretty badass.

·
Macaque
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got to spend Saturday working on the bike, here's what got done:

-Finished the mounts for the bars. The bars are currently 36" long, but I'll likely chop them down to 32".
-Mocked up a headlight shroud. I'll be using a single projector in there.
-Made some mock-up shrouds, just to see if I'd like it, and I sure do!
-The slip-on was pretty trashed at the bottom 1/3, so I chopped about 6 3/4" off. Looks lovely. Chopping this can took 17 times longer than I thought it would because this thing is a dual chamber type of muffler. I had to cut everything apart and then tack weld the bits back together at the right length.

·
OLD FART
1,144 Posts
Looks interesting :rock:

·
Macaque
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. Started making an intake
2. Punched the swingarm bearings out
3. Got my tail light & grips

Had these from a 636, they're inside the intake

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
SOMETIMES if you have only flux core wire to use. its easier to turn the heat way up and just do a series of tacks all the way around rather than trying to lay a continues bead.

·
Macaque
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SOMETIMES if you have only flux core wire to use. its easier to turn the heat way up and just do a series of tacks all the way around rather than trying to lay a continues bead.
Even worse, I had to run the bead twice because I tried to Fish-mouth the two together, which didn't work so I have some pretty sweet gaps (up to 1/4").

It definitely will serve its purpose, and once I grind it and clean it up, it'll look alright.

·
Got Fight?
1,131 Posts
I shall be subscribing to your thread sir. Very nice so far, although I think your crazy to cover up that frame with shrouds. Just 1 man's opinion though.

·
Macaque
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I shall be subscribing to your thread sir. Very nice so far, although I think your crazy to cover up that frame with shrouds. Just 1 man's opinion though.
Woohoo!

The frame is sweet, but I want to make the bike look 'edgy' and sharp. The shrouds aren't a sure thing yet anyways.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
that intake is interesting. i like it.

1 - 20 of 374 Posts