Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN:
929_adams 2000 Honda CBR 929 RR : Projekt Old Skool Discussion

This is the bike that started it all for me. It was my first bike, and will hopefully be with me forever. It used to be a beautiful bike...now its having a slight attitude adjustment. here i will document my fightering of the 929 aRR aRR!

2000 Honda CBR 929 RR
two bros slipon
art carbon front fender
corbin 'carbon' seat

dead sexy...i know!

then after an abrupt run in with sand...

gave it a quick 'fightering' ...basically made it legal...you know you love those ghetto fabulous blinkers!!

here she is trying to seduce me half dressed...mMmmMm.

I plan to give build this bike like the old rat rods and flat customs that started a subculture in america over 50 years ago. Get rid of what you dont need. Mod what you can. and do it yourself!

:metal:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
my friends here were busy today:

heres whats left of my subframe:

fun fun :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thinking of swapping the 929s front end over to the 600RR...meaning id need something good for the 929.

check it out:

02 RVT RC51 forks ,and front rim (a 5 spoke)

closer

gettin the rear rim as well so i have 5 spoke front and back. the 929 and RC51 rear rims are interchangable.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mounted up the RVT front forks. and rim. Really easy. Just slipped the fork tubes right into the tripples, as the 929 and RC51 both have 50 mm. forks.

problem was...the forks are blown out. need fluid and seals. not that that is the biggest issue. but i sat back and looked at it and thought. .' man those fuckin forks are a different color than everything else on my bike.

I also got my hands on a cut two bros carbon can...for free. it was donated to my build from Carm3twenty2 off Stuntusa (your the man carms thanks).

so since...i didnt want to spend money on the forks since i had a perfectly good set..i put my 929 front end back on. and fit on my cut subframe, a numberplate, belly section and my bars to see where im at so far.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so after the sub was chopped i thought (and hoped b/c of $) that i could use the left-over material to weld across the back i just hacked up. i also thought that mbe we could put a plate behind the seat so your not just looking at the back/underside with stitching of my seat.

so i asked around and talked to a few people to see who a GOOD aluminum welder in the area is. A buddy...(jamie, whos hookin me up with the rc51 5 spokes) mentioned a place called MicroWeld in Leominster, MA. I went down there and talked to Steve. good guy. seemed to know what i was talking about and liked the ideas.

so i dropped it off. and went back two days later with a crisp $100 franklin for him. heres what i got in return.

:knucks:

:knucks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
been doin all the finishing things on my bike lately.

I took the taillight and headlights off the busa and was gonna use them for the 929. I had wanted to put a new headlight on the bike because mine melted...

:wtf:

guess i shouldnt have run the highbeam.

anyway so i wire up the taillight then move to the front end. i had wanted to check my steering stem bearings because the front felt loose, like i could rock it forward with the front brake on..

heres my lower bearing race..

yah thats not good. looks like the frame took a whack.

up inside the neck ...

uh oh...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doesnt look like my pics are working yet....

i ordered the new frame....ERion edition..lets hope honda gives that the okay. I'm somewhat skeptical they'll send me an Erion edition, because my bike wasnt one to start with and on the application for the new frame i ahd to put my VIN # in which will show it was a normal edition bike. Not sure how they'll feel but ...gregardless 929 is coming back! I decided to order a new frame because it was like $200 more than I would have paid for a used clean title frame....now i'll still have the same VIN number.

Also got an erion subframe on the way used from a buddy of the interwebb! I already have a 929 erion edition swinger, but i was considering running the 954 swingy on this bike...so i may need some p.coating done.

next item of business.....i sold my bobber tail to :greenlantern: so i

think im going to try something different this time. . .

thats the 2008 gsxr 600 tailsection. we JUST got one in the shop. first day i saw it...i began collecting part numbers. and here we are....now to get a sub on there so i can see how the hell this is gonna fit!

not too much else i have to do on this bike, as i did a lot of work to it last year. . . hopefully we can get her back on her feet soon!

:shocker:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so my new frame is at the shop...waiting for it to be stamped with the vin. the factory actually sent me a brand new erion edition frame! wooT! save me money on powdercoating. . . oh i didnt mention that i already had a erion swingarm and just bought a used erion subframe also??

its true.

anyway..out with the old.

really? think its fixable??

heres a few shots of how she sits now. . . or is strapped down now with no choice but not to move.

the monster is excited about all this too!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ordered all new bearings and seals for the steering stem and swingarm...got everything except one seal as of now....

just waiting for my custom flint triples and reassembly will begin!

:metal:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I'm workin on em. I plan to have both top and bottom done this week. but thats very optimistic. they might drop a shitload of work on us and then I gotta wait for the mill to be open again. but the programming is almost done.

they are gonna be sweet too!!!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cant wait man! well i can...and i will...but im really excited is what i meant to say!

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
Good to see the project is coming along. You made the right choice by getting a new frame. :rock:

Sounds like it's gonna be a Kick-ass machine! Can't wait to see it...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so basically scrapyard doesnt want me to ride until fighter fest. . . haha. just adding the right spark to start an inferno.

DO WORK!

·
Life is SVeet..
534 Posts
Adam,

The work so far looks awesome...can't wait to see the finished product.

BTW I think your old frame is repairable. Weld it up and have the race seat machined to original spec and it would be good as new....If you were located close to me I would have welded if for you for free...

But new is better and risk free :rock:

·
Fighterering since 1998
1,204 Posts
thats what I was thinkin? comon adam! DW!!!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so basically scrapyard doesnt want me to ride until fighter fest. . . haha. just adding the right spark to start an inferno.

DO WORK!
guess i meant FF 09... but anyway...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.