Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
929_adams 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR - Official Buildoff Thread

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN HERE!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
so i did some plastic welding...plastic feels good as new...now its time for prep and molesting and paint! haha

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I realy wanted to know how to do the plastic welding , cuzzzzzz i wanted to make my own air box for my quad and a battery holder for the gixxer. You look like you know what your doin !

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
yah. thx. its really not all that hard i dont think. it just takes time and practice.

i fixed all the plastics for my stunt bike once...then i was good. i mean it WAS called frankenstunt! hahah. prawly spend 10 hours piecing those fuckin plastics back together.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
SOooo... . . i wanted to suprise everyone with my super cool idea, but id like some feedback before i go doing it.

as you may have seen in my thread yesterday (tool time) i bought a new dremel tool, reason being im going to do some cutting to my fairings...more specifically, cut outs.

my cousin at MBW ( www.mbwmotorcycle.com ) GAVE me a set of 'wizard lights'. some crazy multi color remote controlled LED bars that work wicked well and are super high quality.
----> http://www.mbwmotorcycle.com/wizard_lights.htm

well i want to use them but im not into the whole chopper style of blinging my bike then reflecting the light off all the chrome. not really into just having them shine on the ground or out of the bike either.

so what i propose to do is make some cutouts (logo, web address) and put the lights behind them. this should create a really cool glowing logo and site name effect, esp at night.

im also thinking that i want to mbe cover the holes with a clear something or other. i was thinking lexan, but i dont know a lot about it. need something flexible. dont want it to scuff up, as im pretty sure lexan is very prone to this.

anyone wanna brainstorm some ideas with me here??

·
4,286 Posts
I think it would look cool if they were realy fine, or small letters going back the tail !!!! Maybee.

Where on the plastics you thinkin ????

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
good laexan doesn't scratch that easily, just be carefull what you clean it with. you could use the stuff they make eye glasses out of too, if you could find a sheet of it. i can't for the life of me remember what the stuff is called though. it's tough stuff. you could even get it with that uv active coating so it got darker in the sunlight. on dark paint, it would more or less disapear during the day, then be clear at night for the light to shine through. i doubt the led's in those lights you have have enough, if any uv rays to make the tint darken when you turned them on.

just a thought.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
are these materials pliable?? the fairings arent exactly flat theres numerous angles and what not so it have to be somthing i could shape.

heres a couple ideas i worked on:

a) PRINT. quick ruff mock up.

b) CLEAN. basic clean layout.

c) CUTUPS. oversized cropped logos.

feedback ?!

·
4,286 Posts
All paint or some graffics ??

I like the second one ?? more black showin :rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
catman said:
All paint or some graffics ??

neither. im cutting the pattern out of the plastic and putting LED light kits behind it.

problems im thinking of:

-having enough room to put the LED pod underneath.

-even lighting across the entire cutout...(meaning C might be hard to do)

-finding something clear to cover the cutouts (from the inside) so i dont have to worry about the LED pods getting wet or dirt in them etc.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
so i got an 02 Rc51 front end. everything but the tire.

anybody know what its gonna take to fit this on the 6ooARRarr???

i havent had the chance to measure up the stems and stuff, as i dont have the stockers off there yet.

just curious if anyone knows what im up against. . .

and kinda hoping someone says...direct swap!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Your shifter probably came off the indexer on the other side of the engine. This is a blanket statement because I've never worked on an RR, but that shift rod runs through the engine. On the other side, under the clutch there may be a spring loaded indexer and can pop off. You MAY have to take off the clutch basket to get at it, but you should be able to just pop it back into place and align it properly.

*DISCLAIMER* I cannot guarantee this is the case, but it will give you an avenue to pursue in a manual or something...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
yah....i just pulled it out into position and put the linkage on it. should be fine i think...as long as theres nothing pushing it into itself.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
929_adam said:
-finding something clear to cover the cutouts (from the inside) so i dont have to worry about the LED pods getting wet or dirt in them etc.
what we were gunna do with the tlr is scuff up plexi glass,it allows light to evenly distributed through it,by the way the 600rr is a really nice bike,with or without plastic

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
so since im trying to get the 929 forks on here, i have the same problem as i do putting the 954 setup on the 9deuce...the stems. is there someone here who can hook a brother up with some help???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts