Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN:
929_adams 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR Discussion

the 600 came around when the woman and myself decided that her wrists and my back couldnt take her riding pillion anymore. So we found her a nice light small 600cc sportbike ( hehe another bike for me to play on). Long story short, she didnt have a lot of time to ride it, and I had plenty. I was constantly out doing laps on my local 'circuit' and practicing my BP wheelies. After putting my 929 out of commission by looping it in traffic,at the summer nationals, she graciously let me take over the 600 as she knew I'd be a miserable prick if the summer passed me by without riding.

I really wasnt a big fan of the 6rr after learning to ride on the 9. I was used to the always available low end of the 9...i mean, thats what every hooligan wants isnt it?? Well about 3 months into riding the 6, I've scraped pegs, learned to keep the high rpms and carry my speed thru the corners instead of relying on the exiting power of the 9. Its a very dif. style of riding but fun once you're used to it.

(original, to me, condition)

Well we all know a proper fighter comes about from an unfortunate event and we make do with what we got. So of course, me being a proper fighterer, I went out and crashed all the bikes we had. Y'know so I could go thru all the steps of a true fighter. Boy am I! I cant afford to put these bikes back to stock. So I sell whats salvagable off them, and am in the process of parting out a stunt bike. With the little money I get, and the moderate skills I have, and the much more extensive skills of my co-builderer Doctor Tom, we're gonna try and come up with a top notch, low budget, clean fucking fighter!

specs/mods:
2003 HONDA CBR 600 RR
-3k miles.
-fairings removed

(after my crash, and refairing)

heres how she stands currently.

cost - $4000

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: 929_adams 2003 CBR 600 aRR!

got a little something something from my 929 stuff for this build!

:rock:

this set cost me $250

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
so i did some plastic welding today to repair the tail piece.

tail had a good size crack in it:

so i pulled out my handy tool:

removed all the paint from around the crack, both sides (inner and outer):

then i pulled out my even handier tool:

and welded that shit back together. its a process similar to gas welding, but its just an electrically heated pen (for lack of a better description). i first heat up the two sides of the crack and make it pool in the middle. work it out towards the sides (to the edge of where i removed the paint) and add filler to give strength. did the inside first, then the outside. start at one end, work your way down. you normally have to clamp the piece together so it keeps the right shape. this was such a clean break, i did a small tac at the beginning of the crack and just started from the other side.

work in progress:

end result:
(inside)

(outside)

It doesnt look like much right now..but the plastic is strong again. now i can sand it up and get ready to molest and paint that piece!

cost - $0
:metal:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so, last night i was test fitting my awesome new rearsets on the 6 double arr...

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM....(not with the rearsets)...

i went to put the linkage onto the gear shaft. i lined it up and pushed it on with my thumb, it slid halfway then stopped. i gave it a little wiggle and a push didnt go on. so i got my lil rubber mallet and a screwdriver.

put the handle of the driver on the shift linkage and gave it a LIGHT tap. i coulda hit you on the head with the hammer and it wouldnt have hurt much (it was RUBBA)

well wouldnt you know the shaft moved...about 1/4 of an inch into the motor. now it kinda freely goes in and out if i push or pull it.

:wtf:

normal.

not normal.

ugh. is this normal or do i now have to drop my motor and change shit?? :sos:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the 929 forks that i had arent gonna happen because i needed a tripple and rim...

i bumped into a kid who had an RC51 front end for sale for cheap...but he already sold the front rim to someone. luckily someone i knew.

i bought the fork setup off this kid for $100.

then i got the front rim and rotor from another kid i ride with at the cost of....$0. i traded him one of my many gastanks and a windscreen for the 929 (that i wont need)

pretty effin sweet!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[insert elevator music here]

·
Grateful Newb
316 Posts
Thanks for the pics. This makes more sense then adding a bunch of materials with chemical welds. I may try my hand using plastic rods for my projects. All my stuff is going to be one-off, so there won't be any easy seams. Any advice or tool preference?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Noah
1 - 8 of 8 Posts