Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i inherited this project from another member Haelo...

[haelo's buildthread]
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4353

heres how she sits now..

This is my first Zuk, as well as the first busa i've ever ridden! The bike is definately going to be FUN. So far its been hard to keep myself moving at a safe ground speed, but whatever.

Im very excited for this project, as Im so sick of seeing the Chromo busas out there. this is and will continue to be something very different. I dont yet know exactly what i will do to it, im still gettin a taste for the bike, and it for me.

first up for mods will be exhaust...bikes missing the left side midpipe and the right side seems a bit too restrictive. I ordered some slipons that im sure will take a bit of work to fit, but should be sick when i get it sorted...only problem is the pipes are on backorder (supposedly only for a couple weeks, but we shall see)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 929_adams 2005 BoOsa fighter!

so i gave the BoOsa its first (i presume) bath ever this weekend. found out a couple things.

1. the frame is silver.
2. the wheels are glossy black.

haha. looks nice.

THEN... i decided its not going on the road this year and started pulling a couple things off the bike (lights, head and tail) and i realized that haelo was not kidding when he told me the bike was built with 'fuck-its' (as we call them. aka zip ties) yah. fuck-its and electrical tape.

:D

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts

Fast as fuck tho

I can send you more of those clamps I used for the headlights if you want, they'd look pretty good powdercoated with prettier bolts

It's probably like 8 pounds lighter now that it's washed

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

was that really its first tubby??

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts

I would occassionaly go to the car wash and use one of the hoses to spray it, soak everything with simple green, scrub some parts with a toothbrush, and then spray it again

·
Registered
3 Posts

Very cool Adam, definitely a nice change from the chromed and stretched bling busas I'm used to seeing. So when are ya going to ride it to the shop so I can actually see it? ;)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i have been for a week or two, but im trying not to ride it so much....mainly because i dont like jail cells. hahah. and i just started stripping stuff off of it yesterday. i love riding it, but i gotta make er my own. :D

i could make it to your house tho....if you cleared the bushes out in your avatar, you can probably see my house. haha.

THANKS FOR SIGNING UP

Pssst.... I've never seen a zx14 fighter yet ;)

:metal:

·
Registered
3 Posts

i have been for a week or two, but im trying not to ride it so much....mainly because i dont like jail cells. hahah. and i just started stripping stuff off of it yesterday. i love riding it, but i gotta make er my own. :D
Well then I can't wait to see it all finished and put back together!

i could make it to your house tho....if you cleared the bushes out in your avatar, you can probably see my house. haha.
:LolLolLolLol: I didn't realize you were that close!

THANKS FOR SIGNING UP
NP... cool site!

Pssst.... I've never seen a zx14 fighter yet ;)
Me either, but I'm sure somebody will do it eventually. Would be interesting!

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts

i have been for a week or two, but im trying not to ride it so much....mainly because i dont like jail cells. hahah. and i just started stripping stuff off of it yesterday. i love riding it, but i gotta make er my own
Empty the gravel out your back pocket and Tell me what you gonna do ??
:letsride:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

i hope your happy scrappy!

:scrapyard:

so i embarked upon a mission of imminent failure and learning... im making my own tail (hopefully).

started with a framework and sitting around drinking coffee to make some plans.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

well....my ultimate goal will be to create it out of all metal if possible...just so i can say fuck plastics. ahha. but if its real nice mbe i'll do a couple fiberglass repro's of it after.

i may end up throwing the shit away and starting over. we'll see. im just excited to be doing work on this biatch finally.

Seriously. that would be quick and easy and still have a cool effect.

Adam, go get some window screen and wrap it over your frame work. That'll give you a constant shape. Then you can lay whatever you want over it to cover it up.
i got it already.....planning to screen it then foam it up so i can make the shape. then lay glass over it.

or just try out the metal work and cover it up and weld.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright...so the tools arent ordered, and im not sure if they will be so the frame for the tail is off.

I got a set of yosh rs3's im puttin on here, but i gotta chop em down. . things are fuggin huge. i'll also need to get some bracketry going to support the pipes as well. . .i dont have passenger pegs atm.

had some brush guards for my dirtybike kicking around. . . kid i bought it off of bought a kit for 7/8ths for it when it had fat bars...well my boose has 7/8ths soOoOooo. . .

to start i took those fuggin LSL gay bars off and mounted up some renthals, and took out the crossmember. then i mounted up the acerbis brushguards. . . and the very baddical set of driven grips i have thanks to my friend nick. :D

heres a couple pics.

brushguards! nice colors! :D

guards, crg mirror, driven grips!

baddical!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dont have time for that shit. . its my transport unit right now.

i AM doing work... just not on bikes atm.

:(

1 - 20 of 68 Posts