Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..great forum-lots of great info here.
I'm trying to fit a 99 VFR 800i swingarm to my 2000 929RR. I have gathered all of the parts. Question is this: there are two great posts here on how to do the job. One poster says to only remove material from the right side of the swingarm and nothing from the left (drive) side. The other instructions say to remove material from both sides. Are both methods acceptable, or is one method better than the other? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Hello all..great forum-lots of great info here.
I'm trying to fit a 99 VFR 800i swingarm to my 2000 929RR. I have gathered all of the parts. Question is this: there are two great posts here on how to do the job. One poster says to only remove material from the right side of the swingarm and nothing from the left (drive) side. The other instructions say to remove material from both sides. Are both methods acceptable, or is one method better than the other? Thanks in advance.
if ya remove from the left side that will exaggerate the bump out need for the drive sprocket to line up with tha wheel sprocket(potentially allowing tha chain to be very close to tha frame)
I have just fitted a VFR SSSA to a older Honda by removing fron tha right,worked out pretty good and keeps tha chain from almost touching tha frame.I woud def' try to do it that way in the first instance .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.