1 - 20 of 421 Posts

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall!

this is my second "build" but my first real one. you can see my first one here:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32811

I am starting with a 93 cbr600 f2 in kind of pitiful condition. I have a bunch of stock parts to sell too, so PM me if you are interested.

Picked it up from another forum member for $660. here is what it looked like when i got it:

Right now thins are moving kinda slow because i am trying tofinish up another project before i really get started on this one.
I have however, labeled and removed the wire harness:

Removed all the hardware:

bought some new parts:

and gotten the bike ready to pull the carbs. and drop the engine:

more to come:
thanks
~Chris

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats in pretty good shape man.. unless there is a hole that is hiding somewhere out of sight.

Good score..

Yeah, there is a bolt snapped off in the alternator cover (that's why i had it off) and it is leaking both oil and coolant through that hole. so i am going to need to go in clean it, and replace all the gaskets and seals. i love a challenge. =)

I am also going to be making a custom sub frame and body work for solo riding. Inspiration comes mostly from a VT 1000 concept drawing

·
My son Logan - 6/12/10
591 Posts
sweet man! same year here too and I see you've got a monster seat... can't wait to see what you do with it!

Kaz

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet man! same year here too and I see you've got a monster seat... can't wait to see what you do with it!

Kaz
i already read your build several times. *grins* yours is looking so awesome. i am actually not using the monster seat however, and it is up for sale.

i have a GSXR 750 seat in the mail now, as well as an integrated tail-light. going for something like this (minus the bellypan):
steel and carbon fiber subframe and bodywork. hopefully i have hide some of the wiring (and a smaller battery) in there

thanks!
~Chris

·
disturbing sunny socal
1,110 Posts
looks like u got it all planned out man. keep postin pics of the progress!!!
btw u got a killer deal on that bike

·
disturbing sunny socal
1,110 Posts
Hell yeah he did... When you gonna sell yours and buy an F3 ? Mine is getting lonely.
once i get the rest of the paint done so itll look like a 1750 dollar bike. and then yes ill be contributing to the f3 cause. with a f4 tail and headlight of course..... i want a newer lookin bike fightered asap lol

300th post!! woot woot

·
disturbing sunny socal
1,110 Posts
the open header is all toooo tempting!!! give me a bit ill take that and ur 06 fairings.... alright thats enough of the thread jacking of this poor guys build thread.......as you were:LolLolLolLol:

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the open header is all toooo tempting!!! give me a bit ill take that and ur 06 fairings.... alright thats enough of the thread jacking of this poor guys build thread.......as you were:LolLolLolLol:
*laughs* its all good. I like to see other people's stuff, and banter is allowed. How loud is the open muffler? and the bodywork is awesome!

i am glad to hear i got a good deal. I am hoping to finish this bike up for my brother when he gets back from Basic. btw... gonna wrap the tank in CF... i may do all the body work in CF.

we will see...
thanks!
~

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
*laughs* its all good. I like to see other people's stuff, and banter is allowed. How loud is the open muffler? and the bodywork is awesome!

i am glad to hear i got a good deal. I am hoping to finish this bike up for my brother when he gets back from Basic. btw... gonna wrap the tank in CF... i may do all the body work in CF.

we will see...
thanks!
~
As much fun as it is to chop an exhaust, I don't recommend the open header. Even though many will claim that exhaust back pressure is not needed (Not True) there is also the factor of being kind to neighbors. Firing an open header bike up on a Sunday morning doesn't go over well with the locals. Cops will love you though.

For the builders that disagree with the open exhaust/back pressure issue: See "Moto GP" for good example of how exhaust plumbing dials in a Powerband.

·
disturbing sunny socal
1,110 Posts
As much fun as it is to chop an exhaust, I don't recommend the open header. Even though many will claim that exhaust back pressure is not needed (Not True) there is also the factor of being kind to neighbors. Firing an open header bike up on a Sunday morning doesn't go over well with the locals. Cops will love you though.

For the builders that disagree with the open exhaust/back pressure issue: See "Moto GP" for good example of how exhaust plumbing dials in a Powerband.
my neighbors would much rather i die anyways so whats the point of being fake with them?:LolLolLolLol: apparently if im working in the garage past nine at night its disturbing their peace. i mean my garages shut, music LOW like hardly audible, and no power tools.... so having one bike thatll give em a nice wake up call is always a plus

·
My son Logan - 6/12/10
591 Posts
i already read your build several times. *grins* yours is looking so awesome. i am actually not using the monster seat however, and it is up for sale.

i have a GSXR 750 seat in the mail now, as well as an integrated tail-light. going for something like this (minus the bellypan):
steel and carbon fiber subframe and bodywork. hopefully i have hide some of the wiring (and a smaller battery) in there

thanks!
~Chris
awesome man... you should look into getting an RC8 tail.. looks very similar to what you've drawn up...
I love, and I mean love the KTM RC8R... thats one bike I couldn't possibly strip the fairings off of....its so perfect already.. :rock:

but! .. certain pieces I would def rip off and use on other fighter bikes!

check out the superduke build thread.. a guy form spain used a RC8 tail and its awesome..

GL man and DW son!!

Kaz

·
student
1,347 Posts
Like where this is going already. And im glad everyone thought you got a good deal. I figured 700 was a good price then i snapped the damn bolt:doh:

I like the tail you drew up alot. good luck. i gotta come get my socket some time, hopefully ill be there this weekend.

·
Resident Shit Talker !
3,301 Posts
When I went to the shop (The pic right there was right before I bolted the new exhaust on) it was a VERY loud ride, I didn't like it at all

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i am most lily going to build an exhaust for the bike and wasnt considering an open header, but more more just wondering how loud that would be. i like enough sound to be heard but not so much as to be annoying.

awesome man... you should look into getting an RC8 tail.. looks very similar to what you've drawn up...
I love, and I mean love the KTM RC8R... thats one bike I couldn't possibly strip the fairings off of....its so perfect already.. :rock:

but! .. certain pieces I would def rip off and use on other fighter bikes!

check out the superduke build thread.. a guy form spain used a RC8 tail and its awesome..

GL man and DW son!!

Kaz
I am def. going to check out that thread. i love watching other people build bikes, which is why i love this site so much.

Like where this is going already. And im glad everyone thought you got a good deal. I figured 700 was a good price then i snapped the damn bolt:doh:

I like the tail you drew up alot. good luck. i gotta come get my socket some time, hopefully ill be there this weekend.
i should be working at the house this weekend, give me a call or text and we can arrange a pick-up.

thanks yall!

1 - 20 of 421 Posts