Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Machinist
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is noy only my 1st build, its my 1st bike as well. Ive been researching entirely too long and decided to jump in feet 1st. Found a 93 CBR 900 rr for a steal.

Also found a full VFR swingarm with brakes & a wheel cheap as well

I decided the wheel looked like crap, so I found a newer 5 spoke

Good thing im a machinist or this would start to cost

I found a set of risers from a Ducati Multistrada

Then i realized the Multisrada took 1 1/8" bars, not 7/8" bars:( easy fix though

Here is where I am now

Took about a month, guess its time to get it running before I rip the rear end off & bob the tail. Im gonna mount the battery & electrics behind the engine inside the frame. Found a Yamaha MT-03 light for the front end that hasnt come in yet. Im also looking for stainless steel radiator hoses as well. This should start to get interesing shortly....

·
Registered
850 Posts
machinists always make the best bike! and my builds just keep the machinists in business lol. awesome start for your first build, can't wait to see how this turns out!

·
Machinist
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your a Streetfighter mag subscriber, look @ issues 205. The Slabby Straightliner feature has the tail section that I'm planning to build. Instead of a welded on option, it will be a bolt-on such as the OEM version except there will only be a single support post in the center instead of two support post on the outsides. The SSSA is being stripped this weekend for powder coating as well as the wheels & yokes. Pictures to follow once that is finished

·
Machinist
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its been a while but 13 & 14 hour days at the shop arent condusive to bike building when you get home. I got the carbs rebuilt by James @ Guidry's Bike shop & its screaming again. If you need a float bowl gasket or any other carb part but dont need to buy an entire kit, try http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com Its where I the float bowl gasket by itself. Got the SSSA mounted fairly easily. Relocating electronics & fuse box is up next with all new handlebar switches as well as the longer clutch cable. Then its time to cut down the tail & mount a seat. Still havent decided if its gonna be a GSXR seat or an R1. Ideas?

·
MOTIVATED AGAIN!!!
2,206 Posts
A royal shit ton of 900's popping up lately. Looking good bud. I'll be watching!!

I also plan on doing Vfr swap myself. What was all needed? Spacers I'm sure but anything else? Mind sending me the specs on the spacers?

·
Ur momma!
72 Posts
holly shit.. that looks insane now.. can't wait to see it done..

·
Machinist
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Ride Naked OR DIE!!!!
65 Posts
HAHA man i did the same thing!!! I did my research and all fingers pointed to STREET OUT A FUCKING 900rr so i found a steel on the same EXACT bike as yours except for i got the orange rims haha check out my build thread, im less than halfway done but youll see man i got big plans for mu 9 and if you need any info on ANYTHING from re-jetting to exhaust to wear to get good cheap custom bodywork let me know man im here to support anyone with a 900rr

·
Machinist
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HAHA man i did the same thing!!! I did my research and all fingers pointed to STREET OUT A FUCKING 900rr so i found a steel on the same EXACT bike as yours except for i got the orange rims haha check out my build thread, im less than halfway done but youll see man i got big plans for mu 9 and if you need any info on ANYTHING from re-jetting to exhaust to wear to get good cheap custom bodywork let me know man im here to support anyone with a 900rr
Thanks for all the props guys! As far as exhaust goes, I'm leaning toward the IXIL Superlow & one from Jesters Trick Bits. The one from Jester presents as a challenge as it's designed for a 954 with a flanged header. Anyone know if 954 headers will bolt up to a 900rr? I'm also open to any other exhaust ideas incase anyone has a particularly interesting can for sale. Wouldn't mine splitting the exhaust in two either but I wanna keep them low. I noticed last nigt when I walked through the shop that my bike was leaning a lil more than normal since I bolted up the SSSA & I can't seem the figure out why. Anyway, it prompted me to design a new kickstand in my head that I'll be writing out code for tonight. I also found an old Kawi tail that I'm gonna use. I need to get my MT-03 headlight as well so I can get my gauges setup as well. So much to do........

·
Machinist
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot to ask bout the bodywork, you got a link for me? I can't seem to find a belly pan that I like. I'll use a cutdown version of the stock ones I have now if need be, but I'd rather not

·
Registered
135 Posts
900rr's kick so much ass. I really love mine. a buddy has one with like 100k on the original motor and it gets absolutely thrashed all the time. mine has 39k and my neighbors has 45k.
stock 93-94's are about my favorite looking sportbike too.

·
Ride Naked OR DIE!!!!
65 Posts
www.streetfightersinc.com they have a trillion bellypans man you should be able to find one you like. If theyre prices are out of your range EBAY has been my saving grace haha just search belly pan and have em list chapest to most expensive .

1 - 20 of 216 Posts