Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello so heres my project for the next year or two just picked up this pile of shit for 600 bucks which I realize now that I over paid lmao. Looks decent but upon further examination everything on this bike is junk lots of jerry riggin going on not to mention nothing works other then the motor which no longer runs :(

Guess not im not very computer savy and cant figure out how to put pictures on the thread keeps saying their to big well ill get back to this when I figure that out

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
Upload your pictures to a hosting service, I use photobucket, there are plenty of others, copy/paste the image code here.
Good luck, and post up if we can help.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks crazkene13 im sure ill need all the help I can get. Im having trouble with my tablet to get pics up but I'll get there hopefully o and im clearly technological slow and cant figure out how to sub to anyones threads. Any chance someone can help me out with that. Its probably just me but this site is really hard to navigate.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Top of the page you will find the thread tools button cilc then click subscribe to thread then you get the choice to have emails sent direct to you or not once selected cilck subscribe!

As for pics if your using a tablet i suggest useing postimage just google it the sighn up to an account then you can load you pics to that web site just cilck brows and it will let you look through your files then you can just copy and past the image code sraight in to your post i use hot link one cos it gives a bigger pic and people prefer to see the pics when looking through quickly.

If you need any help just ask i will try my best to help.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Got to say im not a fan of the streachd swinger seems point less on a 600 its not like its a drag bike or even got that much power one thig a 600 has going for it is its lightness and handling and you loose that with that swinger. If you actually want to ride the bike like its supposed to be riden the lose the swinger but if you just want it cos it looks cool then keep it.

Either way good start and im interested to see where you go with it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did that on sketch book pro its a app for andriod. And I hear you on the swingarm I actually bought the bike to practice drifting on it. Longer wheel base helps with the bike not sliding out to far to fast. The bike was cheap so im not afraid to dump it you know. But I really want to do a build so im going for a drift/streetfighter lol if that makes sense.

So the plan is to bore it out a bit do a +4 on the back sprocket and a -1 on the front hopefully it will have enough balls then . So far im think im going to start with the back and move towards the front I didnt like the small stock wheel so I orderd the cbr900 rear wheel and I read somewhere on here the the vf500 hub or what not brings the chain in closer to fit in the f2 swingarm so just waiting on parts for now.

Would you know which inverted fork setup I could do for the front I heard gsxr is the way to go but does that mean the steam would fit the f2 neck or just the forks?

I did a rough paint job just to see if id like my paint scheme I kinda want a rough military look but im not sure on the olive drab green

Attachments

·
...from hell
215 Posts
dude yours looks in a lot better shape than mine when i got it. sounds like somebody rode the hell out of it tho if nothing is working like it should. if i was you i'd get all the operational issues sorted out so its in running shape, then commence to cutting it up. what kind of problems are you having?

the hub swap may help with the wider rear but these bikes dont deal well with much bigger than a 160 with the stock swinger. watching to see how this turns out

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea the pics I have of it on here don't look to bad till youre actually next to it. and you are right I should of sorted out broken stuff first what can I say I got excited and started ripping shit apart lol. heres the list of shit that's broken or don't work so far

front brakes ....stripped out reservoir screws
rear brakes seized up
most of the gauges don't read anything
shock adjustment stripped out
just about ever screw/nut is either stripped out loose or not the right one
butchered wiring theres wires everwhere
chain/sprockets no good

the bike read 40000 when I picked it up brought it home realized the odometer line was pulled out and rusted to shit so who knows how many miles are on it

so this is going to be a long project just orderd the rear sprocket$100 hub/carrier $15 and am currenty bidding on the 900 wheel hopefully around $70 with shipping

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I had a conversation with ratfighter abiut a vf 500 cush drive fitting a cbr wheel. Can you please take lots of pics when you get it please i am mostly interested in the width of it and sprocket placement compared to the cbr unit.

·
...from hell
215 Posts
You can snag a harness for $50 off eBay. Maybe less if you're lucky. Good news is if you fighter it you'll be getting rid of that giant dash so don't worry about the gauges. If you decide to stick with em I've got a dash I'll let go of cheap. Don't get discouraged tho, as long as you can make it go vroom then there's always hope

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had a conversation with ratfighter abiut a vf 500 cush drive fitting a cbr wheel. Can you please take lots of pics when you get it please i am mostly interested in the width of it and sprocket placement compared to the cbr unit.
Ill definitely take pics for you ive been trying to find the thread I read it on here somewhere thays where I got the idea for the vf500 carrier the guy went over the swap pretty well but I cant find his post now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can snag a harness for $50 off eBay. Maybe less if you're lucky. Good news is if you fighter it you'll be getting rid of that giant dash so don't worry about the gauges. If you decide to stick with em I've got a dash I'll let go of cheap. Don't get discouraged tho, as long as you can make it go vroom then there's always hope

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I might do that just pickup a new harness make my life easier thanks I wasnt going to use the guages so I wasnt to worried about them not working . Do you just not put any gauges on yours or did you do a swap or aftermarket?

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
On the desktop it's in the "userCP" up top where you click "log out" look all the way to the left side. Also under "quick links" to the left of "log out" there is the "subscribed threads" to click on...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts