Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Just picked this up today for $600. Runs a little rough but think the carbs are dirty. Has an abandoned title so that is clear. But as soon as I get it out of the truck I am going to start stipping it down and assess the condition of the sub-assemblies.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
sweet bike. i like this alot

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is what got done today. Tried to start the bike to show a friend and it cranked and stopped. Got to looking at it and thought the starter siezed but it worked fine. Pulled the tail cowls off and thats when things got funny. The start relay might be bad. so I checked it and it was fine. Pulled the fuel tank to see the rest of the wiring which didnt look good from the right hand side of the bike and sure enough it was the bigges hack job of wireing and electrical tape I had ever seen. Well except for a 68' Formula Firebird I used to own and tried to fix up. Check out the mess and the progress I made today.

By juddyj at 2010-11-05

By juddyj at 2010-11-05

By juddyj at 2010-11-05

Sooo I pulled the whole wiring harness out. In one of the pictures you can see the burn marks on the yellow connector. The connectors were all like that. The guy had different colored wires going to different wires everywhere. Like I said hack job. So off to look for a new harness. Hopefully that will go well and I can get this thing started again and try to get it running right and smooth before I take it apart anymore. then let the modding begin. Hahaha.

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what got done today today. Nothing but the usual strip down while waiting for my wire harness. Took the carbs out to check em out and look them over. They seem to be in good condition but will look at the needles and what not tomorrow. Does any body know the nominal settings for these carbs. That way I can just slap them in and start the bike back up with the harness gets in. Thaks

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wire harness is bought and should be on its way. $52 dollars total. Winning bidder on Ebay, so jacked. Now to check the carbs out and put them back on to get the bike ready to run and tune before major disassembly and cleaning and what not.

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carbs are cleaned and checked. Everything looked good to me. Going to install back on bike and wait for the harness that should be here soon. Got a cheap front brake lever and a OEM engine signal cover to replace the crap cover that was on there. Fixed the connector for the start switch controls that was melted when the previous owner hacked the electrical up. (jack ass, now my daughter knows how to say idiots!!!) Adjusted the clutch cable to where I think it is better. Waiting. Gasket for signal cover on its way. Seat cowling on its way. Lost a very small o-ring from the carb bellows and went to hardware store and my wife found me new ones. I love it when your wife is a part of the madness.

·
WHO DARES WINS RODDERS
460 Posts
Absolute fucking bargain!!!! damn wish i could find an early Gixxer 750 for that price :doh:

Cant wait to see it cleaned up and running:thumbsup:

·
430 Posts
Carbs are cleaned and checked. Everything looked good to me. Going to install back on bike and wait for the harness that should be here soon. Got a cheap front brake lever and a OEM engine signal cover to replace the crap cover that was on there. Fixed the connector for the start switch controls that was melted when the previous owner hacked the electrical up. (jack ass, now my daughter knows how to say idiots!!!) Adjusted the clutch cable to where I think it is better. Waiting. Gasket for signal cover on its way. Seat cowling on its way. Lost a very small o-ring from the carb bellows and went to hardware store and my wife found me new ones. I love it when your wife is a part of the madness.
The crap signal cover that was on there looks like a genuine Yoshimura item from the distance picture,,i would'nt go dumping it...

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The crap signal cover that was on there looks like a genuine Yoshimura item from the distance picture,,i would'nt go dumping it...
It looks like crap. But if you say so...

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am looking at that right now actually... I want to shorten the subframe. I have a tail cowl comming to help with my design ideas. I dont think the seat I have is going to work with the cowl. So I am looking at other seat options. But I am going to use the subframe as much as possible. Why do you ask? Got any ideas?

·
15 Posts
I am looking for a seat to upgrade to . I have a 93 gsx1100g i want to whip into shape. If you want to get rid of it let me know.

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya sure if I come up with something different we can work that out. I am pretty sure it is not going to work for what I want to do. Hey is it just me or does it seem like the gas tank doesn't even belong on that frame? Looks like it sticks out over the sides.

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wanna sell that side cover???
Seriously??? I can do that, not attached to it at all. It isnt in the best shape. I'll take a picture and send it to ya.

1 - 20 of 435 Posts