Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone I'm new to CF and this is my first thread. I've been poking around here for a while now and finally registered, might have to VIP to get the full feel, but that's later on.
Anyways my name is Merch, I live in Southern California, and im a mechanic. I've been riding for a while, all kinds of bikes but I've never taken on a streetfighter project before. I bought this 93 GSXR 750 WP in January 2015 for 600 bucks from a buddy. I rode it home so I knew I could work with it ( running anyways )

If you look closely you can see that the guy who first had this put an arcade button on the back seat to work as a break light I assume. when the passenger pushed it it would light up. pretty creative but lets leave those buttons for super sweet fatalities on Mortal Kombat, not on motorcycles.

And yes that's a plug in the rear tire. They don't call me hackjob for nothing. (it was just to get her home, don't worry).

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Welcome!!!

$600 is a steal for that. Sell the headlight and all plastics front and rear for about $300 for a little extra on the side. But otherwise that's a solid bike to start with. Plenty of GSXR's here with the same frame.

What're your plans for it so far?

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tore it up!!

This old girl had been pretty neglected, it was leaking oil and coolant ( more like rust water ) all over the place. I was a little concerned at first. so long story short removed, cleaned and replaced all the coolant system parts. I ordered a lot of new packings, coolant lines, and a whole new radiator since the original one had leaks.

**** oh and I forgot to mention that it has a salvaged title. haha. its seen a few wrecks. but hey, whatever****

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Needless to say as you can see by the last picture, the wiring is a mess. It is all different gauges and types, im talking home stereo wire, headphone wire, appliance wires, and to top it off none of it is connected right, just twisted together finger tight, and if your lucky it might have a scrap of duct tape. lol. don't know how my buddy rode this thing to Vegas and back from San Diego in one piece hahah.

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the next course of action was naturally to keep digging deeper. I really wanted to root out as many problems as I could....plus I just like ripping things apart. so I got her down to bare bones and started cleaning as well as seeing, if any, parts that would need to be ordered to expedite this.

****I also forgot to mention, incase you were wondering, I was doing all of this maintenance OUTSIDE after work, then covering it up with a bike cover since I don't have a garage. So it took a little longer than it should have, like 2 months.****

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next I painted that ISH! rattle can for DAYS!!! a little high temp, a little wrinkle finish, a little spray and pray. who cares really, its already a salvaged bike I say. And gave that mile long seat pylon the CHOP! Hacksaw status! That took some energy, seriously wish I had a garage sometimes, but no matter.... I got it done.

Got that starter back on, clean and rebuilt.

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ordered these gnarly beauties simply because it doesn't make sense. they claim to be 30% off-road 70% on-road, but that seems like bull ISH to me. and ordered this halo looking helmet to be even more retarded and I already am. things are looking up.
FRONT

REAR

HELMET

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here she is with her new sneakers on, also I hand drilled the triple tree to bust on some 1 1/8" handlebars as well as some handlebar risers and snowmobile POWERMADD hand guards to block all the haters. Also, I spray painted rubber undercoating on my gas tank because I wanted to get that rough "non-skid" or "Rhino Liner" feel, also I don't like to wash my bike often because im kinda lazy sometimes, and figured that would be sweet as well as practical against scratches and corrosion.

I treated my gas tank with evaporust and then coated it with redkote, because I hate rust!

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Realized that my exhaust is cracked in a few spots, and I cant be having that, so my bro from Miramar welded her right up, as well as the seat to make it more stable. he put in some triangles for me in the gaps between the seat bars, and presto! no more movement.

this is why you don't buy salvaged goods boys and girls. or do you? 50$ later good as new. I say buy it!

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ANDLER 2008: Sorry to not hit you back right away, ive already got quite a bit of work into her, and just havnt posted it yet, im just trying to get up to speed. My plan is to do a military style bike, much like the SKIRIMISHER if you've heard of it. I tried to replicate it in many ways.

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided to go camo, and I hear, once you go camo, you never go back. I got three shades of green and got to sprayin! spray and pray all day. this is how it looked after. (before seat weld). Put some new OEM handlebar controls on her as well, and put some oil lines and the alternator back on. Ordered some Chinese levers on amazon cause, hey...whatever..., and ka-ching! got that front brake and clutch movin.

Here you can see my DIY drill job. honestly slightly crooked, but then again so am I, so I think it will work out. (only millimeters off).

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get that stand outa here! time to put here on her own two feet, sprayed the wheels wrinkle black too. nice kicks girl! ( not too sure how they will handle, but that's too be seen). I also installed a wave headlight with high and low beams and put a dirt bike number plate cover on the front as a "couling". I cut that out with scissors and a dremmil tool, cause im haggard haha. I installed the coolant system back on the bike as well as some pods for the carbs. The wiring was kinda shady so I replaced the whole thing with a used one (since they don't make OEM anymore, I tried to order them twice!). I hooked up LED blinkers and tail lights because screw conventional bulbs.

I also put some netting on the sides with an ammo can and tactical bags for effect, and they are good storage too. The exhaust went back on, and wrapped some old heat wrap on there that I had left over and painted it black, boom. I still gotta chop that cannon, its way too long, but that's gonna have to wait. I don't have a rivet gun yet.

And yes that is my rear master cylinder on the front side next to my relocated ignition, why? I dunno, it just came out like that, I might paint it like a grenade or something.

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here she is as of now. I decided to call her the "BANDOLIER". The name seems fitting with all the green straps, pockets, and ammo can. I wrapped a ton of 550 OD green para chord on her for texture, and also to hold my speedo on the front. I was gonna make a bracket, but then said screw it and roped her on. It is an original 93 gsxr 750 gauge cluster with a new speedo cable, I painted it up a bit for looks but it all works perfect.

I got some old Vietnam suspenders and put them on the tank for for support and for a military look, plus I like the pocket on the tank, its really handy.

I got that canteen rockin! its my coolant system overflow reservoir and its removable if you actually need to use it to get more coolant, in an emergency situation.

And finally, my not so perfect spray job on the name, for my not so perfect bike.

I still have more work to do on the BANDOLIER including, valve timing/ shimming/ adjustment and clutch plates / springs replacement as well as other cosmetic changes as I come up with them. I will keep updating as I go.
hit me up with any feedback good and bad, I love the input. thanks guys. MERCH.

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah a lot of minor things need to be tweaked, like said zip tie, I was just so concerned with getting it on the road, I neglected to take care of a few things. But hopefully ill get to tidy it up soon. As for the tires, they actually handle friggin awesome! I even took it down some fire roads with no problems (save the suspension). They do sing on the highway though, but all in all, I would buy them again. they grip well in the corners for knobbies, but don't be going all MOTO GP unless your in a leather suit. The front tire is way harder than the back one, or at least more durable, its showing no signs of ware at all. the back is just starting to, but that was expected.

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dude I didn't even know the camo was coming until I watched Rambo first blood for like the 100th time, and it dawned on me.....gotta blend in man hahaha

·
Hackjob
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And just fyi I'm also planning to chop the muffler in half, ill post pics.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts