Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Raise the headlight, throw a pocket tail on there, roll some sheet metal into some scoops for the ram air holes, clean up the frame, swap the clipons for drag bars, sand the paint off the tank and hit the bare steel with acid and clearcoat, blah blah blah...
I can tell you what I'd do to it... but, that really doesn't matter. It's YOUR bike.
Hop on Google Images, search for ZX6 streetfighters, and look at what's been done. Find a bike, or parts of bikes, that you like. Once you have the vision in your head, the path to get there will work its way out. There's ALWAYS a way, and in the right person's hands any part will fit on any bike.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
Hey N8, welcome to CF!

A smaller tail will do wonders in the looks department. A fresh coat of paint on the frame will take you the rest of the way.

Where abouts do you live?

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Go to members project bikes and see what others have done .Some ideas will def' pop into yer head mate .

WELCOM IN !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in maryland. And my general plan for it so far is I'd like to get a 2000 zx6 tail fairing and put that on if possible without a frame swap. Then from there change the headlight and get a mask. Then paint the frame a flat white, the tail fairing and tank flat bluw then my pipes a glassy black. I'm going for a cookie monster theme.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im actually going with the subframe from a Ducati 1048 S. They all look relatively the same and I cant wait to see it on the back. Also its been awhile because of some set backs but now that the ignition is stuck and there are multiple problems with the bike I've decided to do a full down to the frame, rebuild engine, carbs and etc. I start small this sunday with gas tank, lights, battery, plastics and maybe handle switches removal. Ill be replacing almost all of it but Ill be prettying up the tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to have to get the small crack welded. Everything else will get rebuilt if needed and sand down. Gonna go with a cookie monster theme. Still debating on undertail exhaust but that won't be till down the road either way. This weekend I'm gonna start small with the tank, muffler, airbox and the couple of plastics it has.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts