Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is...the "new" bike. These pics show how the bike looked upon receipt. So far I've followed the instructions from the beginner build forum. I've changed all the fluids, replaced plugs and any rotten hoses. Haven't gotten it running yet but getting closer. However, here are my major questions at this point.

1. What I am wondering about is how does one go about relocating the items bolted to the side rails (i.e. coolant reservoir, etc)?

2. Would really like to change the entire rear section but keep a sleek 2 seater style. Any thoughts, or pics with ideas would be great.

3. Any suggestions on headlights that might work well on these bikes?

Like I said this is all new to me, so any advice, or direction from the group would be awesome.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Breaking shit...
3,311 Posts
You came to the right place man! relocation is usually as simple as finding a place to hide stuff and then "stretching" things to get there. Check out the Fighter Swaps section for subbie swap info. Google is your ffriend for finding pics of cool headlights. And the search bar here works pretty good too.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Get it running first. Make sure it works before you spend too much time on other things.

Be sure those tires are safe.

You may want to make a support for that mile long exhaust while you are at it. A strap from the passenger peg to the pipe should suffice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep seeing what's out there and post as I move it along.

Baby steps

:napoleon:

·
1,533 Posts
Yeah man, don't get monetarily or emotionally invested in a project bike until it runs reliably. And I flip bikes for a living, there are always CRAZY good deals on bikes, you just have to be dedicated to finding them, and have cash in hand and be ready to roll in a moments notice.

I just passed up a clean title katana 750 fully faired, and clean title cb450, for 400$ total cause effort and no space. Cl is a gold mine man. Also passed up this week - A complete clean title running sv650 for 1200, a 2012 bandit 12 that needed a tank for 1000, a 2000 r6 project, clean title runner for 300$. As well as many others. No reason to break yourself man. if it's a bust walk away and hunt something better down. If you ever find yourself trying to convince yourself it's and good deal, it aint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts